I slipped one in

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
irrationalsolutions

Re: I slipped one in

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 pm

trust me she aint going anywhere atleast if i can help it. from what i hear it costs too much to get rid of her! :twisted:

from what i have heard these kettles work well. i am really looking forward to being able to play with it. the weight isnt that bad either. a little over 6 oz. it could be lighter though but i dont know how much lighter it could be. the onlly reason i dont see me taking it that much unless it works better than the other pots i have is the size. although i may find that i can fit more in it than i think for packing.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:08 pm

thought i would update yall a little.

i took the kettle to the beach with me and used it. i only used it to boil water to make coffee but it worked great. i was a little concerned about the top getting too hot and not being able to pour the water out but it was not a problem at all. i used it on the featherfire and it being larger then my ti pot made it seem more stable on the stoves built in pot stand. the bottom did discolor a little but i was expecting that. the water boiled fast or atleast fast to me. sorry i didnt time it.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Was it easy to pour with the shape of the handle as it is? Especially when it's almost empty. Does it have to be steadied with your other hand when pouring?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:10 pm

it was easier to pour than i though it was going to be. i made two batches and the first batch i muct have had the lid on better because it wasnt a problem. on the secong batch i helt it mave a little as i was almost done so i took the top off. the rubber coating on the handle and lid didnt get as hot as i thought it would. i was very happy with the way it worked.

i did have the featherfire on high and that thing can really burn some fuel when you do that. i played around with the second boil a little and noticed that the stove was more efficient at that point.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Thaanks for that feedback.

The stove is such that the fuel resevoir is heated up by the protecting outer wall. I can see how it would really put out a lot of heat in the middle of a heating cycle.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

rik_uk3

Postby rik_uk3 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

looks like a good kettle, similar to the Primus Litech model.
Richard
South Wales
UK

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”