brunton flex?

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
irrationalsolutions

brunton flex?

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 pm

im looking into changing the old cook set again. i just cant get anything i like without the extra weight problem. i have been thinking about trying the flex as my stove and building the set around that. does anyone have any experience with one or more importantly know where i can get one cheap?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

irrationalsolutions

Re: brunton flex?

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm

although maybe i should talk to oops about trying the penny stove again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:09 pm

You know me better than that. If it says Brunton, it comes at a high $$$$$$$. I go the poor man's alternative, which ever direction that may be. You already have several nice setups? Did we tell you the buckeye was hoping for some more shiney bling bling gifts! Christmas is just around the corner! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Hey..don't look at me..I got my Micron for $2... :lol: ..the other ones were about $5... :roll:

Most people around here go crazy for the jetboils..didn't you buy one? What's the matter with that?That's supposed to be better but if you go with the brunson..is there a worthwhile weight gain?..will you use it enough to make it worthwhile to buy one?
Wouldn't there be a better weight gain by buying the shiny rock for the wife and talking her into carrying the jetboil for you? ;)

(you do realize we are still yankin' your chain, right? ) ;)
Where ya been..besides working?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

Get one and let us know how it works out for you......google should have a cheap one somewhere.

Wait a few days and RG will pick one up in a Seattle mogo shop. :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 am

The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 am

that's an Optimus Crux.
wobbley as hell and won't simmer.
P.O.S.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Will microns simmer?..never tried mine..guess I should.I'll probably be packing gaz items(stoves,lanterns) for awhile..since I've got about 15 full cartridges/canisters now . I'll have to see what pots I have for fitting over those stoves..I think the gaz "traveler" already has a pot set.Pretty soon I'll have to hang my "Flammable!" sign out front with probably 25 cartridges for vintage stoves hanging around...Time to burn some of them.. :roll:

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:01 pm

all the stoves work well for me. the jetboil is great. im just trying to save some space again for winter trips since thats the next time ill be able to do anything.