The Caldera Cone's 12-10 Alcohol Burner

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
zelph

Re: The Caldera Cone's 12-10 Alcohol Burner

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm

We can join you here if that's ok with you? Bring it here, please and thank you.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:02 am

Yes, feel free to copy and share all pertinent information here for all to see. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 am

Jim, did you ever find out if you could get any of the adaptors for the Hank Roberts type stoves?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:52 pm

If they were, say, $20, would you be interested?

Seems a tad high for this penny pincher but then again, I don't own a HP stove right now. If I pick one up, I'll drop you a line.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:31 pm

I've got a Gerry like that..and about 15 cartridges..don't need an adapter. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:25 pm

hikin_jim wrote:
zelph wrote:We can join you here if that's ok with you? Bring it here, please and thank you.

In other words post it here directly rather than post it on my blog and link to it?

Well, if I post it on my blog, then I can just post a link on the various forums I typically post on. To be honest, to post on each individual forum would take too much time (three forums = 3X the effort, etc.).

I figure if people are interested in the subject matter, then a click isn't too much to ask, yes?

HJ

Your posting to about 20 forums and it looks like spamming taking place. That how Jason Klass and tinny got their start.

Cut and paste takes little effort.

We like to talk about differnt stuff here.

Look how easy, cut and paste:

Stove Information -- Where on the Web?
People often ask me where I get my information on stoves. Well, a lot of my information comes from my life. I own over 100 backpacking stoves (hey, some people collect stamps, why not stoves?), and I use them. I use my stoves pretty much every week on day and overnight hikes, and in most weeks, I'll be out hiking more than once a week. I also meet people on the trail, hike with the Sierra Club, talk with friends, etc. Between using stoves and talking with others who use stoves, I pick up a lot of information.

BUT, there are some good web sites with really good information on them. Some of the sites I refer to regularly include:
Classic Camp Stoves -- All the information you could ever want on classic and antique stoves as well as plenty on modern stoves. Don't know what that old stove in grandpa's garage is? Find out here. An amazing resource.
wikipedia.com -- Wikipedia has good information on the properties of gases and fuels
zenstoves.net -- The grand daddy compendium of stove web sites
The Confederation of Bushwalking Clubs NSW Inc Web Site -- They have an excellent FAQ
BackpackingLight.com -- They have excellent articles and excellent forums. Paid membership required for most articles.

Oh my!!!!!

I don't see bplite listed there. :DB: :DP:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:37 pm

realityguy wrote:I've got a Gerry like that..and about 15 cartridges..don't need an adapter. :roll:

Cuz, I don't see you using 15 cans of fuel unless you decide you really like the vintage stove. It might be a good emergency stove or to keep at the beach house ;)

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:31 pm

I have a lot of other stoves that use the "puncture" type cartridges.I'm thinking the bluets take the same ones..maybe I'm wrong there.I did take a couple stoves and cartridges to the other house by the coast.If i get lazy,or the wife goes with me,the weather is colder,etc...i can just grab one of those and go.I do have a couple globetrotters and also other oddball ones(from Italy,Israel..JollyOK and ?)that use the older cartridges I've posted here in the past.I think one of the cartridges is the "Hank",.I'll have to check the tip on that to compare it with the other
Gaz type to make sure they are the same.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm

As I say bplite is your site, and if you say "no posting links to your blog," I will respect what you say.

HJ

Sometime I get the feeling that bplite is a "springboard" for small buisiness. This is one of those times. I had white box stoves here once and the only thing he discussed was his stove and things related to it. Initially I had asked him to participate in all forums, be part of the group. So please don't post links to your blog.

Hammockforums don't allow me to talk stoves over there. They slapped my hands several times and then finally banned me from their food forum. :o different strokes for different folks. Practicalbackpacking.com is another one that is "control freak" oriented. "Reality" over there knows me well :lol: Now that I have this site I can understand "reality" why he's the way he is. I don't want to be like him ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

HJ, what do you think attributes to the efficiency of the 12-10 stove or should I say the cone/stove set-up.

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”