Number 64 Mystery Tool

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 am

I know exactly what it is ! :idea: That is Oops' multitool toothpick. Keeps the teeth clean and used the hammer end to knock out bad teeth ! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby oops56 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:45 am

Ridgerunner wrote:I know exactly what it is ! :idea: That is Oops' multitool toothpick. Keeps the teeth clean and used the hammer end to knock out bad teeth ! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Give that man a cigar :DB:
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15820
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 am

Ahhhh!!!!!! It is a multi-use tool, one point for RR

Did the Tooth Ferries come and haul that monster away? Would have taken at least two to fly away with it :DB:

They would have had to write you an IOU, thay don't carry that much cash for such a huge tooth :DB:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR.

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby Vibe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:19 am

That looks like a vintage tire iron/jack handle and bead breaker.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15820
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Vibe wrote:That looks like a vintage tire iron/jack handle and bead breaker.


I could see that!!!! nice, tire irons were usually curved at one end.

Sorry, not a tire iron combo. :cry:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:31 pm

This is a special combination tool made of forged steel that is used for opening , say a wooden crate, and then using the hammer part to close the lid. It can be used to remove and replace a tire. It also could also be used to take off and replace balance weights on a wheel. Useful multitool !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15820
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 am

zelph wrote:This one is about 10" long:

Image


The correct answer is: Tent peg. You know, the things we use to secure the corners of our tents to. We pound them into the ground and trip over them in the night.

This is the type of peg used during the "Civil War" Nice combination design to have the hammer and hook design incorporated.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy
Posts: 5948
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 am
Location: slightly north of Seattle,WA

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:53 am

zelph wrote:
zelph wrote:This one is about 10" long:

Image


The correct answer is: Tent peg. You know, the things we use to secure the corners of our tents to. We pound them into the ground and trip over them in the night.

This is the type of peg used during the "Civil War" Nice combination design to have the hammer and hook design incorporated.


Darn..I thought I had it right with protologist's probe.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15820
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 pm

realityguy wrote:
zelph wrote:
zelph wrote:This one is about 10" long:

Image


The correct answer is: Tent peg. You know, the things we use to secure the corners of our tents to. We pound them into the ground and trip over them in the night.

This is the type of peg used during the "Civil War" Nice combination design to have the hammer and hook design incorporated.


Darn..I thought I had it right with protologist's probe.. :lol:


Gotta watch out for those west coast quacks, they are known DIY'ers, always experimenting with new tools of their trade. :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Irvingdog
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Number 64 Mystery Tool

Postby Irvingdog » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Hmmmm. After I read Zelph's answer, I called my 9 yr old boy into the room. I asked what the image looked like to him.
His answer?
A TENT STAKE.........


Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest