Thing number 5

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Thing number 5

Post by zelph » Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm

What is this pot used for?

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Re: Thing number 5

Post by realityguy » Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 pm

glue
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri May 29, 2009 11:59 pm

I grew up with something similar to that in the house. :o The one we had was a bit smaller and for the life of me, I don't remember what its specific use was for. Maybe for making gun powder :?: I wonder if we still have that thing. Mom had it sitting on the fireplace hearth.....hmmmm.....I need to sleep on this one and seek knowledge from my elders :oops: :lol:....ok...it's all coming back to me now....there was a reason it sat on the fireplace hearth.............You put oil in the pot, stick the soft rock in the oil to soke up the oil, light it and stick it in a pile of wood chips to start a fire. :DBfire: :fuel: :fire: :DBfire: :cheers:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:54 am

zelph wrote:What is this pot used for?

I got one i know my stone broke .The pot is filled with kerosene the stone sucks it up us to light your fireplace or the wood stove its a big match
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat May 30, 2009 8:51 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:What is this pot used for?

I got one i know my stone broke .The pot is filled with kerosene the stone sucks it up us to light your fireplace or the wood stove its a big match
My thoughts exactly ! :lol:
there was a reason it sat on the fireplace hearth.............You put oil in the pot, stick the soft rock in the oil to soke up the oil, light it and stick it in a pile of wood chips to start a fire.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat May 30, 2009 9:05 pm

so this oversized kitchen match on steroids....how do you put it out once the fire's lit?

"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat May 30, 2009 11:04 pm

DarenN wrote:so this oversized kitchen match on steroids....how do you put it out once the fire's lit?

dip it in a pail of water :?:

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat May 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
DarenN wrote:so this oversized kitchen match on steroids....how do you put it out once the fire's lit?

dip it in a pail of water :?:
and then put it back in the pail? adding water to your fuel?........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat May 30, 2009 11:40 pm

I imagine you wait until the fuel is burnt off before putting it back in your bucket of fuel... :o
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 pm

realityguy wrote:I imagine you wait until the fuel is burnt off before putting it back in your bucket of fuel... :o
you leave it under wood tell its burnt out and use pot holder to remove let cool then back in pot
Man play with fire man get burnt