Tool number 6

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Tool number 6

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 am

It's about 12 inches in length.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Re: Tool number 6

Postby oops56 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:05 am

A corn husker
Man play with fire man get burnt

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 pm

an oiling thread cutter.

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Mister Krabs wrote:an oiling thread cutter.

I'd say that this is pretty close. It's a modified brace with a lubricant reservoir (with a thumb operated pump) to apply cutting oil to the bit (tap or drill) in use. The clamp handle suggests that it was able to be rapidly changed from drill to tap.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:30 am

Good guesses but not exactly!!!

The answer is:

An adjustable wrench for removing the nut from a carriage or buggy wheel, you could remove the wheel and then push the wire by the middle handle to release some oil to lubricate the axle, patent number 610,553

They still use horse drawn carriages in Chicago downtown area for tourists. They probably have one of the wrenches for maintenance, if not they should get one :mrgreen:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 am

Also on a wagon wheel there is left and right nuts. Plus a leather washer behind the nut as the wheel leans into the leather the nut turns a little keeps all snug.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:54 am

They still use horse drawn carriages in Chicago downtown area for tourists.

Cincinnati also have horse drawn carraiges. Unfortunately, there have been several accidents involving them and a debate over weather they should be allowed to cross the bridges on the Ohio River. I remember the bridge being closed for hours after one incident. Motorist need to be more aware. not just carraiges but bicyclist , motorcyclist, and joggers. There are too many distractions for drivers these days; cellphones, gps, radios, tv's,etc. :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:02 pm

oops56 wrote:Also on a wagon wheel there is left and right nuts. Plus a leather washer behind the nut as the wheel leans into the leather the nut turns a little keeps all snug.

I didn't know that :o Maybe cause I haven't had a horse drawn wagon :DB:

RR, I can't stand to see drivers using cell phones while driving, errks me to no end.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 pm

RR, I can't stand to see drivers using cell phones while driving, errks me to no end.

I'm with you there..the morons using them while driving should be hung by their short-n-curly(s)..cellphone antennas.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:18 am

realityguy wrote:

I'm with you there..the morons using them while driving should be hung by their short-n-curly(s)..cellphone antennas.. :mrgreen:

Normally, and 99% of the time, I would agree. The problem I have is that my wife was able to use a cell to get a harrassing driver pulled over after he had followed her for 100 miles. Turned out he was an armed felon who was ticked off because she had let someone merge in front of her in a traffic jam, and he was behind her. But for normal chit-chat? Nope, not the time nor place.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”