Let's see who can remember this one

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Re: Let's see who can remember this one

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:55 pm

DarenN wrote:
DarenN wrote:the failure that tried out for the part of "Robbie the Robot" :mrgreen:

he also auditioned for the part of "Box" in 'Logan's Run' , but he just wasn't shiney enough. ;)

You've got a lot better memory than I do (oletimerze)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:25 pm

It's a genuine authentic one o' them....not to be confused with the cheap imitations.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Actually..Canadian TV is W-A-Y behind American TV,so they are probably just getting to that era..I know because I get one station at the other house on the peninsula out of Victoria.I guarantee you it'll make you wanna pull your hair out! :o
Those people must be braindead!How can anyone watch the same news three days in a row or the same commercials 6 times in one night!!!!..and the sports is ONLY HOCKEY! :o

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:00 am

realityguy wrote:

Actually..Canadian TV is W-A-Y behind American TV,so they are probably just getting to that era..I know because I get one station at the other house on the peninsula out of Victoria.I guarantee you it'll make you wanna pull your hair out! :o
Those people must be braindead!How can anyone watch the same news three days in a row or the same commercials 6 times in one night!!!!..and the sports is ONLY HOCKEY! :o

i know i know. :roll: we don't have near enough bass fishing shows up here. :lol: ((play theme from Deliverence here)) :o :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:09 am

Couple weeks ago I watched salmon fishing at River's Inlet..also two of the "latest movies up there..Stagecoach with John Wayne(1939) and "An Angel On My Shoulder" with Claude Rains(1946). That's all they had...
Someone shoulder tell Victoria about DVDs... :o

The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 am

realityguy wrote: Someone shoulder tell Victoria about DVDs... :o

would we need electricity for that? :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 am

DarenN wrote:

Get out the hand cranked generator! :lol:

Oh, and let's not be knockin' Hockey !!! Great sport and real athletes. You don't see any 350 lb. fat hockey players. :lol: and, to do what they do in a pair of skates on ice....AMAZING ! They use to have the Canadian football league. No support up there for football, just like baseball, but who needs it anyway 'cause they got HOCKEY ! ;) :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 am

I'm leaning towards RG's guess of a busfare machine but it is too big for that so maybe it was used to collect money at subway, movie theatre, zoo, parking lot, etc.?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:24 am

I think it has to do with coins because of the four counters (quarters,dimes,nickels,pennies..or half dollars instead of pennies) on the front that probably keep tabs on how much is collected.Movie theaters usually collected tickets.The bar handle on the front of the machine is for the bus driver to be able to count the fare change(thru the window) before dropping it in the bottom to make sure the individual paid enough.That's why I think it was from a bus or other mass transportation where fares were collected as people got on..and used coins.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 am

DarenN wrote:

Now that is funny to the max!!!!! :lol: :lol:

You'ld have to live in a big city to know what this is. I'll let this ride to see if there are any other different answers.

Vibe played it safe there, good one!!! :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”