Page 1 of 2

Mystery tools

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:07 pm
by Ridgerunner
I went to a church sale tonight and picked up a couple items that I thought would make good mystery tools. I have a whole 35 cents invested. :lol: Give it your best shot! ;)
Image

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:29 am
by Ridgerunner
No guesses???????????? I will give you one clue. Unlike most of the mystery tools, these can be used in our sport. ;)

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 am
by realityguy
You got a good deal on an Optimus 99 pump.,haven't seen one in awhile.I'm surprised Oops didn't chime in on that...if the other one is used for hiking..must be some kind of folding potstand...What did I win?..the pump? :mrgreen:

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm
by Ridgerunner
realityguy wrote:You got a good deal on an Optimus 99 pump.,haven't seen one in awhile.I'm surprised Oops didn't chime in on that...if the other one is used for hiking..must be some kind of folding potstand...What did I win?..the pump? :mrgreen:
I am SO sorry Cuz, you are wrong on both accounts! :lol:

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm
by DarenN
i have no idea on the one on the left.
is the one on the right one piece, or is it three seperate, but the same, parts?
if it's three of the same tool, i know what they are.

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 pm
by Ridgerunner
Daren, they are indeed three separate pieces. ;)

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:55 am
by DarenN
Ridgerunner wrote:Daren, they are indeed three separate pieces. ;)


if that's the case, then they are knives. possibly the "Hackman Camp Knife". AKA; 'butterfly knife'.

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:53 pm
by Ridgerunner
DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Daren, they are indeed three separate pieces. ;)


if that's the case, then they are knives. possibly the "Hackman Camp Knife". AKA; 'butterfly knife'.

Not exactly Daren but you are close ;)

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 pm
by oops56
the first looks like a check valve the other looks like my be inside a wire brush

Re: Mystery tools

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:29 pm
by Ridgerunner
oops56 wrote:the first looks like a check valve the other looks like my be inside a wire brush

Sorry oops56, you are not in the vicinity at all. I would take them backpacking and be glad to have them. They're definitely lighter alternatives but they would work on a short trip. I would say the tools on the right are vintage and I could not find them dooing a google search. Keep the guesses coming. I will not give up the answer until after Zelph has a shot at it. I love to stump Zelph as it happens so seldom. ;)