Mystery Tool Week 15

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Mystery Tool Week 15

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Here is the next one!!!!

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Re: Mystery Tool Week 15

Postby oops56 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:55 pm

zelph wrote:Here is the next one!!!!

Its one of two cheeking tool for wood or for making tracks on leather
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:29 pm

I took a crafts class as part of my major in college and the tool looks like a tool called a "Spacing Marker" or "Overstitch Spacing Marker"for use on leather to mark the area for stitching. I remember making a real nice engraved belt(which doesn't fit anymore) and a large leather covered belt buckle with Led Zepplin on it along with a carved picture of the Zepplin. I had to roll it around the edge of the buckle cover to mark my stitching area points. Then again, I thought we had last weeks but NOOOOOO, Zelph got us again !
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 am

This is a hand spurr! It's for when your fighting indians or oncoming gunmen you sit on your horse backwards so you can aim and shoot and to keep the horse going you put this in your other hand and every time you duck the oncoming arrow or bullet you give the horse a goos spurring to keep 'er going!lol! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:29 am

Pure Mahem wrote:This is a hand spurr! I every time you duck the oncoming arrow or bullet you give the horse a goos spurring to keep 'er going!lol! :mrgreen:

I think any horse would keep agoin it it were goosed with that hand held spur :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

russb

Postby russb » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 am

Darn. I logged off before you posted this week. I knew this one too.

The Cheat

Postby The Cheat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:54 am

Pure Mahem wrote:This is a hand spurr! It's for when your fighting indians or oncoming gunmen you sit on your horse backwards so you can aim and shoot and to keep the horse going you put this in your other hand and every time you duck the oncoming arrow or bullet you give the horse a goos spurring to keep 'er going!lol! :mrgreen:

Hands down best answer. Extra points.

bmike

Postby bmike » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Pure Mahem wrote:This is a hand spurr!

nope. a tool for measuring the layout on your hobby railroad set. the little points fit on the center of the scale 'ties' on the tracks. you count the revolutions to mark off the miles of track that you lay, so that your representation of the mountain woods and railroad towns is accurate. different sizes for different layouts. i think this size, with the quarter, is for HO scale. half dollar was for the old lionel sets. :)

hand spurr is a great answer. wonder if i have a hand spur sharpener somewhere.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:31 pm

"Spacing Marker is the corect answer. ridgerunner was the one and only to give the correct answer. Many knew it was for leather working but we want names of the tools. :)

Don't forget to right click and open in new window. I forgot to do that while I previewed this post and it disconnected me :o I'm slow to remember new tools, the old ones I do ok ;)

Space marker tool http://www.csosborne.com/no485.htm

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”