new UL Canister Burner project

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Tony

Re: new UL Canister Burner project

Post by Tony » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:43 am

Hi Ridgerunner,
Ridgerunner wrote:Are you sure you guys aren't related? Nicely done, also, Tony. What are you using for your fuel line?
The tubing is PFA which is available for Cole-Parmer.

Tony

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:49 am

Hi Daren,
DarenN wrote:hi Tony;
yours looks way lighter than mine! is your base milled from one piece? setting up my old lathe as a horizontal mill hasn't really worked out well enough for that kind of machining.

in my pic, the burner head is 1" (2.54cm) diameter. i'm going to just make a couple different sized heads that are interchangable. one at 1.25" and one at 1.5". after that i'm going to make a copy that is fully operational but all made of brass and polished to a mirror finish. it will have a place on display in my living room. ;) vanity; i guess, but what the hell! :mrgreen:

Daren........
My stove is probably is a bit lighter, my burner is 22 mm diameter, my lathe milling attachment is not that good either, I made mine base on my work mill but when I retire in about three years I will need to buy my own mill and a better lathe.

I look foward to seeing pictures of you brass stove.

Tony

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

Really looks "tactical" tony, nice milling operation there. What material are the pot support points made of? Is the flame a forcefull flame or a light, floating flame/mild mannered compared to a noisy pocket rocket type stove?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Tony

Post by Tony » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Zelph,
zelph wrote:Really looks "tactical" tony, nice milling operation there. What material are the pot support points made of? Is the flame a forcefull flame or a light, floating flame/mild mannered compared to a noisy pocket rocket type stove?
The pot supports are made of aluminum with titanium tips.

With the burner being so small the flame adjustment is a bit touchy but it can be adjusted through all ranges.

Tony

oops56

Post by oops56 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:09 am

I think some one was looking for canister valve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=62117
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:21 am

Oops..isn't that just the connector?no valve?I think the actual valve is the brass knob,isn't it?

Appears he has this also but it still doesn't look like the valve..just a connector..
http://cgi.ebay.com/B-screw-valve-cartr ... 19b740f648

Someone up here has these for sale on craigs..but no hose? :o I'll pass...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/1467873869.html
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

realityguy wrote:Someone up here has these for sale on craigs..but no hose? :o I'll pass...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/spo/1467873869.html
that's the pump you need for your Whisperlite, RG. the hose is on the stove.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

that's the pump you need for your Whisperlite, RG. the hose is on the stove.

Duh..thanks for reminding me... :lol: Gee..I've got two of them you think I would have
remembered.. :roll: Any idea what this means?--->Now includes replacement windscreen

???
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

realityguy wrote:Duh..thanks for reminding me... :lol: Gee..I've got two of them you think I would have remembered.. :roll:
you also need fuel bottles for them. maybe you can get a volume discount from the c/list seller. ;)

"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm going to wait until I find a bargain.If I'm going to spend $20 and then still have to buy a fuel bottle..why?I can get a whole nice stove,pump and bottle(or 2) for $30 on craigs around here..or less..