Question..anybody use espresso screens for stoves?

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: Question..anybody use espresso screens for stoves?

Post by zelph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 am

realityguy wrote:[quote="zelph

I've pretty much lived off ebay and just side jobs(remodeling and rental repair) for the last ten years..but since ebay recently changed their formats..that will never happen again!
If you think you can make money off them..do a bit of research at ebay's "completed" auctions.Never mind the krups,maxims,delonghi,and all the other crap out there,not worth a plugged nickel!

Do a search on ebay for Saeco,Starbuck's Barrista,and Gaggia,espresso machine..check the completed ones..then you'll know exactly what to look for and what to pass up.
Thanks for the advice and I'll do my research as you advised and then start looking for the good brand names. Interesting way to make some funds. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:28 pm

The first few years on ebay about 1999-2001 were great with shopping at thrift stores and grossing about $20-25K annually in sales..Then ebay added "improvements" which totally sucked the life out of the site and the seller's profits.Things steadily declined after that down to the last year I probably only made about $1500,had more nonpaying bidders,scam artists,revengeful nonbuyers,and ebay's change of the "buyer is always right and the seller is always wrong" no matter how crooked a buyer is".The total change to paypal sent me elsewhere.I've been giving buying and selling advise on the discussion board at ebay the last couple years and watched it go down the toilet!
While selling I built myself the vacation home in between listing,shipping,packing,etc..in three day stints,while waiting for money orders to come in,auctions to go off,etc.
If you sell something like stoves at the site,it might not be a problem because they are always the same,shipping costs the same,same grateful buyers expecting the same thing.When you sell items like cameras and other "used" goods" then you get "opinions" of conditions and different shipping costs.I ALWAYS paid some of the shipping out of my own pocket so the buyers would be happy,ALWAYS overdescribed items to the point of a loss on a bid amount,ALWAYS communicated well(one on one) with buyers as far as when items were shipped..I'm old school ebay.I had excellent feedback and detailed rating stars,except for a couple nonpayers that ripped the heck out of things,what ebay allows.
My biggest problem with ebay was that I refused to take paypal which is notorious for rip-offs towards sellers(see the paypal discussion board,which they have been cutting short the last year or two at about 2 weeks worth).I had a couple nonpays and ebay refused to remove their negatives which by all rights fit their reasons for removal,because I refused to take paypal,being ripped off by them in the past.I even took one complaint to the local Attorney General's to see if they would help.Ebay even lied their butt off to the AG about not being able to remove feedback(which they do)..so I totally quit selling there.
It's okay for some people but not for me and what I sell.As buyers,using ONLY credit cards and free paypal,it works fine..as long as you do your homework about who you are buying from.Eventually the small time sellers won't be around at ebay,that's their main goal and largest problem..so they are doing everything they can to eliminate that and make it a 100% safe site selling new junk at retail prices with fewer large sellers to maintain control over..like an online Wally store! Whoopee!
That's all I'll say on the matter and I'll try not to bring it up again...Sorry about the vent!
Hopefully someone will learn from it.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 pm

It's good to vent, we learn from others experiences. I recently started selling on ebay after a long periode of no sales in between. Since my last sale of many many months ago, my email address changed when comcast.com bought out insightbb.com as required by them. I did not realize that my old email address was imbedded in ebays "Listing" memory. It only functions when an item is listed. Your email address is asked for in a little window on the 2nd page of the listing form. It automatically gets put in there by the listing memory. When you change your address you have to change it in that little window also. It only need to go in there one time and the "Memory" function will then insert it the next time an item is listed. Well!!!!! what a hassle :roll: Buyers were sending payments to my old email address via ebays system and never arriving at paypal(an ebay company :roll: ) What a hassel it's been to resolve transactions. I was notified automatically by ebay that items were sold and paid for so being fast and efficient in sending out product the buyers got product and I didn't get money right away and still have not been paid by 2 buyers for goods received. Ebay and paypal failed me. It was because of my endless reading of past experiences of others that led me to what the problem was and how to correct it. End my listing early and relist with new email address in the little window :D it worked for me. I'm still short funds from 2 buyers but I chalked it up to experience and wrote it off. :DBfire: All is well!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Ebay/paypal has been pretty wonky the last 6-8 months with a lot of addresses reverting back to ones from 6or so years ago.A LOT of people have had that happen to them,with ebay not admitting to the problem and telling people to check before sending payments and packages.A LOT of people have been to the discussion boards with that problem and absolutely no recourse,no items(taken by the receivers of the wayward packages)..and no insurance for the items because they WERE delivered..A LOT of people lost a LOT of money with that.
It happened to me only once when I mailed an 8x10 old view camera to a guy by fedex,and told him he would have to sign for it because it was going to an "apartment"..he emailed back "what apartment?"..and after telling him the address he realized what had happened.It was a pricwey item so i called fedex and they fixed it "midship" and changed the address.They were suposed to send me a bill for the $6 to do it,but I think the buyer paid it..I never heard back from fedex.The seller was extremely happy with his deal so he might have paid the difference.
It still is happening and ebay isn't admitting any fault.ALWAYS double check with the buyer as far as their address being correct at ebay and sending him what you received from them.I know that's a pain with the new system that is supposed to handle everything for you.Fortunately,your items aren't too costly..I would have lost about $150..Glad I caught it!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy