Simplicity Stove design..

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
realityguy

Re: Simplicity Stove design..

Post by realityguy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am

For sure it's a stove for two or more walkers. Where did you get the beer can?
I didn't call it a "beer" can..I called it a BEAR can..I have a bolt and wingnut that goes through across the top making it impossible for bears or raccoons to get into..holds three quarts of food or whatever and weighs 1lb 1oz....it can easily be strapped outside my golite pack in the helmet area(for easy access to munchies on the trail :lol: ).It can also be used for boiling enough water(in one shot) for filling camelbacks or platypus bags..Thrift store for $2...I've had it a while..Never has seen another one like it..Sure beats carrying a mandatory 5 gallon bucket(or something for the raccoons on the coast) on a lot of the trails.Also protects dry noodles from becoming dust...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:22 pm

realityguy wrote:
For sure it's a stove for two or more walkers. Where did you get the beer can?
I didn't call it a "beer" can..I called it a BEAR can..I have a bolt and wingnut that goes through across the top making it impossible for bears or raccoons to get into..holds three quarts of food or whatever and weighs 1lb 1oz....it can easily be strapped outside my golite pack in the helmet area(for easy access to munchies on the trail :lol: ).It can also be used for boiling enough water(in one shot) for filling camelbacks or platypus bags..Thrift store for $2...I've had it a while..Never has seen another one like it..Sure beats carrying a mandatory 5 gallon bucket(or something for the raccoons on the coast) on a lot of the trails.Also protects dry noodles from becoming dust...
The shape reminds me of a beer carrying pot used in early England/Europe. Locals would go to the pub and have it filled with draft beer and walk it back home for a night of chug-a-lug :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 pm

The shape reminds me of a beer carrying pot used in early England/Europe. Locals would go to the pub and have it filled with draft beer and walk it back home for a night of chug-a-lug :mrgreen:
Sounds good to me..unfortuantely I didn't find it that way..It would work swell for that..Has a nice sturdy handle and recessed lid.I'm thinking maybe it was a farm "milk can' of some sort.
I was going to give it a "bear" test..throw in a bunch of the "good" crunchies my "fat cat" craves...stick the lid on,put the bolt through,wingnut,and let her have at it! :lol: If there's a way and Little Friskies in there..she'd figure out how to get to them! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm

realityguy wrote:
Sounds good to me..unfortuantely I didn't find it that way..It would work swell for that..Has a nice sturdy handle and recessed lid.I'm thinking maybe it was a farm "milk can' of some sort.
I was going to give it a "bear" test..throw in a bunch of the "good" crunchies my "fat cat" craves...stick the lid on,put the bolt through,wingnut,and let her have at it! :lol: If there's a way and Little Friskies in there..she'd figure out how to get to them! :lol:
Maybe it's for carrying/storing dairy cream :idea:

Cats will try everything!!!! if they don't succceed they will aggrivate you till you give-in and get it for them :mrgreen:

oops56

Post by oops56 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:04 am

I just woke up when i was a little fart we lived on a farm the farmer would save the cream in a small milk can i think is was a gallon size
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:18 am

oops56 wrote:I just woke up when i was a little fart we lived on a farm the farmer would save the cream in a small milk can i think is was a gallon size
Was it shaped like the bear pail????? :D

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:27 am

This shows it better.It's actually 3 quarts I think.. but a "cream can" probably was its original purpose.My two golite packs both have the "helmet" holders so it should fit fine there..if I need to carry the thing..Zelph,I'll keep my bacon and eggs in there on ice! :roll: :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 am

realityguy wrote:Image

I need to carry the thing..Zelph,I'll keep my bacon and eggs in there on ice! :roll: :lol:
Good choice!!!! gotta love those eggs :D

I've been eating just the egg whites(less fat) my cats eat the yokes raw (is that ok?) raw eggs for cats? anyone know?

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:54 pm

I've been eating just the egg whites(less fat) my cats eat the yokes raw (is that ok?) raw eggs for cats? anyone know?
I'd say if they are puking all over your tent or hammock..it may not be a good idea. :lol: My cats are spoiled rotten. They only like theirs as egg salad with lots of mayo..so I couldn't tell you.You might wanna ask a vet before a possible huge bill!

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

realityguy wrote:

I'd say if they are puking all over your tent or hammock..it may not be a good idea. :lol: My cats are spoiled rotten. They only like theirs as egg salad with lots of mayo..so I couldn't tell you.You might wanna ask a vet before a possible huge bill!
My cats are doing just fine, so it must be ok. No signs of rejection yet :o