"Glass Stove" You Knew It was Comming

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
ridebks

Re: "Glass Stove" You Knew It was Comming

Post by ridebks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am

Now that's about as cool as it gets! I really like the pics of the progression of the boil! Like i said...my mind is a wondering! Thanks for bumping this up!

zelph

Re: "Glass Stove" You Knew It was Comming

Post by zelph » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

zelph wrote:I boiled water with 12ml of fuel(no time taken)

Used a 2 cup pyrex pot/bowl

View the photos from the bottom upward.

I think I'll use the glass pot to view the different flame pattern of the different stoves. It's kinda cool to look inside the pot and see down into your stove. Some stoves have little jet holes located away from the outer rim of the stove. Now I'll be able to see if those little jets are actually burning when the pot is on the stand.

Image Bam! Bam!Bam! the true boil. Hard to get the camera to show bursting bubbles. I got a little too close and fogged the lens after I took the next photo. :roll:

Image Gettin better and hotter. About one more min. and it's going to boil. Can you feel it gettin hotter by looking at the photos? ;)

Image Streams of bubbles are now in good form.

Image Alot of folks want to know if these bubles constitute a boil. We can show them these photos and tell them NO, just a little longer wait. Note the next photo above shows the little bubbles have almost dissapeared and little streams of bubbles are starting to appear.

Image You can see the flame from the 3 jets and also the ring of fire around the rim of the glass burner. As you move upward, the photos show bubble formation and the progression of bubbles into streams of bubbles as the water gets hotter and finally when it gets to a full boil. Just as it started to boil, stove ran out of fuel.

I pulled this page up so it's easier to see the photos.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/