The Warp One stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
russb

Re: The Warp One stove

Post by russb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:53 pm

for a non-optimized design, it is looking good. Keep it up,

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm

It's nice to watch the transition of colors...........mesmerizing effect. Nice performing stove, I like it :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Q_x

Post by Q_x » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 am

sorry, blanked
Last edited by Q_x on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this account, please

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:20 pm

The color shift of the flame from blue to violet started at 450 F and was pretty complete at 500 F
At 500 degrees, is that about 1+ minutes before flame out? Just prior to flame out?

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:46 pm

just tinkering wrote:
At 500 degrees, is that about 1+ minutes before flame out? Just prior to flame out?
That is correct. I start seeing the color shift @ about 90 sec (low 400 F) but t is extremely stong at 500 F. I plan to test the 4 cup boil time and watch the flame on that one. I am not sure if this configuration will hold that much fuel.
It must be that at that point the stove is burning at it's most efficient fuel setting. Prior to that it's always burning rich. I see that flame color occur many times when testing stoves. It's always at the end of the burn, prior to flame out.

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:06 am

I was having a conversation with the neighbor about flame temperature, color and soot.

He said, in the cone-type stove with a slot at the top the ethyl alcohol was burning off first, with the methyl alcohol running down the sides and as the stove and alcohol itself got hotter and the temperature increased the residual methyl alcohol burned at the end.

He said, Q_x less soot is explained and the flame color and highest temperature at the end is explained.

Make any sense :?:

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 am

A two piece burner requiring a six inch pot support. What is fuel capacity and what length of time to get central flame to full capacity(prime time)?

sudden

Post by sudden » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 am

ConnieD wrote:I was having a conversation with the neighbor about flame temperature, color and soot.

He said, in the cone-type stove with a slot at the top the ethyl alcohol was burning off first, with the methyl alcohol running down the sides and as the stove and alcohol itself got hotter and the temperature increased the residual methyl alcohol burned at the end.

He said, Q_x less soot is explained and the flame color and highest temperature at the end is explained.

Make any sense :?:
interesting.

Now somebody has to buy everclear to prove your neighbors theory.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

This morning, I told him I saw two threads about what we discussed. Today, he said the methyl alcohol burns off first and the ethyl alcohol last giving the blue-violet flame in a conical shape stove (apex up, and slot opening or other opening) just like in chemistry class.

Frankly, he was drinking a lot and I am so dyslexic, after I got neurological impairments, I reverse everything and have to check everything I do to get it the right way around. :oops:

I least I do not drink the alcohol. I know the metabolism of alcohol goes to formaldehyde and if there isn't sufficient enzyme produced by the liver to go to the next-step, in metabolism, that is "why" people have the heaves. Formaldehyde is embalming fluid. Embalming fluid is formaldehyde. No thanks. There may be molecules in alcohol in our system as one-step in metabolism of carbohydrates, but that is molecules, not ounces, quarts, or six packs, or keggers.

Q_x

Post by Q_x » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:33 pm

sorry, blanked
Last edited by Q_x on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delete this account, please