speed or effeciency

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Blue52

Re: speed or effeciency

Postby Blue52 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Efficiency can be gained by the types of food you bring is what I was getting at. 2 serveings of rice requires only one cup water. Shaving off half the time to boil 2cups. My double burner does it in 1:45-2:00min burning half the30ml of fuel allowing the other half for the simmer.

I have a single burner that works great in the esbit pot stand . The burner is similar to genie in a bottle but shorter, squashed with a convexed top with a way smaller center hole. The square folding esbit pot stand gives two positions for pot height over the burner, with this set up it burners 15ml of fuel for every! I cooked 4 servings of rice in 25min and the stove was still burning. Is that efficient, seems really long to wait for sustenance on a empty belly after a long hard hike. I'm liable to drink all the hard liquor and fall asleep before dinners done.

No dry twigs to be found in the snow.... :)

Blue52

zelph

Re: speed or effeciency

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I agree, 2 cups of rice is a good meal. I put 1 cup of rice in 2 cups of cold water, bring to a boil, let stove run out of fuel, cover with something to create a cozy and let sit for 10 min. Rice is done.

Trees always have dead branches hanging onto other branches. Pine trees have loads of dead brances attached to their trunks.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”