Has anyone seen this 'Chimney Jet' Before?

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
MrClean

Re: Has anyone seen this 'Chimney Jet' Before?

Postby MrClean » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:02 am

Purty slick, have watched the pill machines before but like light bulb making machines, I could watch for hours. Probably why I'm so easily entertained running my Bubble Jet envelope machines at work. Really just a standard 8 headed Ink jet printer save the heads are stationary and you run the envelopes underneath them. 4 heads equals 2 inches of print, you have two groups so you can spread out 2 inches of print at the top for returns and bottom for delivery addresses OR have 4 inches of combined graphics. Talk about drift, but I'm easily amused to watch 10,000 envelopes an hour slide under the heads naked on one side and ready to go on the other. Like I said easily amused.

I know the CF material only holds so much and is more using a sponge then a wick. Although Tinny's videos are produced I had seen Water Monkey's and Smoke Eaters videos and was familiar with the refill rate.

Speaking of simmering, I believe your simmer ring for one of the cobalts(?) was where I got the idea to wrap a piece of heavy aluminum foil around my Fancee Feast stove with the V-8 innertube. Throttled that puppy down to what was 8 minutes of fuel (1-1.25 ounces should write things down) to 25 ish? Could back off the rolling boil to just boiling. Only took a pair of pliers and a little finagling on the fly. Will have to make a permanent ring and keep it in the kit.

I've made a mess of this thread. Sorry bout that. But if I wasn't interested in learning I wouldn't be here.
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

zelph

Re: Has anyone seen this 'Chimney Jet' Before?

Postby zelph » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes, the goto stove has the simmer ring that slides up and down. It's all a matter of denying a stove oxygen to make it simmer.

The more we play with stoves, the more we learn. 1/2 ounce of fuel will boil 2 cups of water in many cases. That's a base line for a good alcohol stove.

The Chimney Jet is just another container that burns alcohol. If it boils 2 cups of water with 1/2 ounce of fuel,it's a good stove. Tetkoba has too much time on his hands :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”