Can-based alcohol stove.

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
deluxe

Can-based alcohol stove.

Postby deluxe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Here's the new stove (and a stand made from old bicycle spokes) I have been working on this weekend and just finished.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ELpF6TMYHk4/TycC6ihDAPI/AAAAAAAAAl0/q-mdom5xkik/s640/blogger-image--1659752726.jpg

Enjoy
Last edited by deluxe on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zelph

Re: Can-based alcohol stove.

Postby zelph » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 pm

The least you could do is say hello and say you made the stove with a fancee feest style burner. :roll:

I removed your link.

come back and post a photo of it right here in river city. ;) :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:58 pm

deluxe,

The Fancee Feest "style" stove incorporates the pot stand height.

I don't understand the need for changing the pot stand height with the bicycle spokes.

Does the thing inside change the flame pattern, then?

Most consumer model digital cameras have a video mode, but require searching the manual for the setting for high quality (high frame rate = high quality). My inexpensive digital camera "high quality" isn't great, but low quality is blurry.

If you can, make a video, load it up online (YouTube, Vimeo, all free) and "show-and-tell".

I put photos on PhotoBucket, for free, and put the IMG code here, then, the photo is here.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Nice of you to stop in Deluxe. Nice job on the pot support and I would guess you showed that as a separate entity that is not part of your fancee Feest style stove as your pot will sit right on the inner can of the stove. :? You might consider using a dremel tool and cut the sharp points off the inner can as they serve no purpose. There have been several similar copies of the Fancee Feest published here on the site if you look thru the archieves. Thanks for stopping in. Tell us about your hiking adventures. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

joyee

Postby joyee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 am

Indeed this is very true, exactly this is one and only which I was looking for....So it my pleasure to have this thread.
I got mine desired information from your above mentioned link...Thanks man

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 pm

The spoke pot support is nice. If it has to be separate from the burner I would prefer to have the folding/compacting spoke design. Lays flat for storage, widens the foot print for pot stability.

It's Fancee Feest based so the burner is nice also :mrgreen:

Nice package!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”