Tubular Stove ?

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
shakeylegs

Tubular Stove ?

Post by shakeylegs » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:17 am

Always looking to reduce weight, I was wondering about the viability of a stove created from something like 1/4" tubing. Imagine a piece of tubing bent into a circular shape, plugged on one end or both ends fused into a closed circle. - "jet" holes drilled in sequence along the length of the tube.
Some sort of nipple (or just the end of the tube) could be connected to a silicon fuel tube that would lead to a reservoir. The burner tube might be filled with wicking material or not. If it fires up, burn times would be limited only by the size of the reservoir and any unused fuel in the system could be drained back into the reservoir. Aluminum, copper, or even titanium tubing would be very light in weight. Add a short length of fuel line and a small reservoir and you have a very light weight rig. This setup could also be used to jump start a small wood burning stove or camp fire, and could also be easily incorporated into a cauldera type setup. You could even have varying sized rings optimized for various pot sizes.

It also occurs to me that the burner tube could be bent to conform to the outside diameter of a pot, jet holes drilled to angle "inward" toward the pot wall, and the pot and tube could be nested together on the ground (over some flat insulator preferably) thus eliminating the need for a pot stand. Whether it would generate sufficient heat in this mode to boil water or just keep a pot's contents warm remains to be seen. Does this sound feasible? Has anyone attempted such a beast?

One last thought - by adding legs to the burner ring and drilling the jet holes into the burner tube horizontally, the stove could act as a pot stand as well.

shakeylegs

cadyak

Re: Tubular Stove ?

Post by cadyak » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:51 am

interesting idea. trying to visualize the pot stand .....

shakeylegs

Post by shakeylegs » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:38 pm

trying to visualize the pot stand .....
hi cadyak,
I'm seeing a flying saucer with three extendable landing legs pitched outward about 40 degrees to the ground (don't tell my wife, she already thinks I'm nuts).
shakeylegs

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I made something like that a few years ago. I used a canister as my fuel source. It was a "Ring of fire" design. I'll see if I can get a link,
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Perez Turner

Post by Perez Turner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Once I purchased branded Tubular Stove from online service provider but during transaction it was damaged badly so I never order again. I prefers to buy from local market.

Still I am awaiting positive response from forum community.

Our Products
I sell scales