IBMUS Proto

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
CajunHiker

IBMUS Proto

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:30 am

I was playing around with my InvertedBottleMultilUseStove (IBMUS) last night and was acutally able to get a constant burn. A BIG burn. I could use some suggestions on how to tone the baby down a bit. Here's the video, I'll post some pics of the stove in a bit. Not too sure whether to decrease number of jets, smaller jets, dilute fuel, or what. I've still got to add some vent holes near the top.
Febuary IBMUS Proto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cma3j80Dhj0

oops56

Re: IBMUS Proto

Postby oops56 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:00 am

CajunHiker wrote:I was playing around with my InvertedBottleMultilUseStove (IBMUS) last night and was acutally able to get a constant burn. A BIG burn. I could use some suggestions on how to tone the baby down a bit. Here's the video, I'll post some pics of the stove in a bit.
Febuary IBMUS Proto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cma3j80Dhj0

Dam that thing ready to take off to the moon. I need one show how to make it is that alcohol a burner Wow
Man play with fire man get burnt

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Top of Burner
Bottom of burner
Front of stove
Back of stove
Top view
Closeup Burner removed
Closeup Burner installed

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 pm

CajunHiker wrote:Top of Burner
Bottom of burner
Front of stove
Back of stove
Top view
Closeup Burner removed
Closeup Burner installed

So you put in alochol for fuel then put on burner cap how much fuel? the burner cap off the same can or off a other what keeds it from falling in ?
Last edited by oops56 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Installed burner first. Then added alcohol with this... One burner hole was slightly enlarged to accomodate filling.
It was a lot of fuel, about two containers worth. May not have needed as much, but I wanted to make sure it was enough to heat up to a bloom. (I'd have to say yes to that one).

Important note: One thing I learned from the BottleNeckCap (BNC) stove, is that it can sometimes be very hard to get a good seal when reapplying the once-remove bottlecap. So, for this large fuel test, I fit a rubber/plastic wine cork in the neck, replaced the cap, and put the whole thing in bottom of another cut bottle, and put that in a pot. Once it started burning, I grew a bit concerned about the heat being generated, so I added some water to the container holding the stove. I also tried adding a bit of water to the fuel mix as it was burning.

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Went back and checked my notes: The ink syringe is 55ml, so about 110ml went into the stove. That's like 3.5 oz, and could be increased if I shortened the cork! :o

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:46 pm

CajunHiker wrote:Went back and checked my notes: The ink syringe is 55ml, so about 110ml went into the stove. That's like 3.5 oz, and could be increased if I shortened the cork! :o

You could put a 3/8 hole or so in the middle fell that way then put a mable to seal it

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:03 pm

oops56 wrote:You could put a 3/8 hole or so in the middle fell that way then put a mable to seal it

Filling isn't a problem, in fact, the slight depression in the top of the burner works nicely as the priming pan.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 pm

CajunHiker wrote:
oops56 wrote:You could put a 3/8 hole or so in the middle fell that way then put a mable to seal it

Filling isn't a problem, in fact, the slight depression in the top of the burner works nicely as the priming pan.

Wht type can bottom did you use for burner is jb weld or press fit

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 pm

oops56 wrote:Wht type can bottom did you use for burner is jb weld or press fit

The burner comes from a cinnimon roll container (Winn-Dixie brand, I think). It's the piece that separates the rolls from the icing packet.

It's a press fit, the curvature of the bottle neck prevents the burner from going any lower.
As the name implies, this is intended to be a multi-use stove.
Burner installed:
1) Alcohol stove
2) Place a tea candle on burner for a lantern (also with bottle inverted & burner moved to other side of window).
Burner removed:
3) Trowel
4) Taller candle or mini "007" w/wick - lantern
5) Funnel? Cork & cap removed
6) Bailing scoop?
7) Solar fire starter? (if I can get the inner wall to hold a high polish. Needed for the lantern too.)
Last edited by CajunHiker on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”