GrinchMT's Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
GrinchMT

GrinchMT's Stove

Postby GrinchMT » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 pm

This is a no sound burn demo of the stove. The "how-to" video is coming a little later this evening. I'm a stay at home dad and home school my 14 y/o daughter and got a little behind today.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pVJiaM4Q6Hk
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

Allen

Re: GrinchMT's Stove

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:47 pm

I've just fornd this Video, and I'm sorry I haven't commented on it before :oops:

i like how You've integrated the Potstand, and designed the Jets to use with the Heineken Can. :)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:03 pm

That looks great now show us how you made it pretty please so i can sleep tonight :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Allen

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:08 pm

GrinchMT

Postby GrinchMT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Glad you liek the stove Oops. I have been quite for awhile now because I have made some improvements and another model. I'm a web developer and ex new media artist so I decided to throw together a website. Also have improvements for performance that I will post later next week.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:50 pm

If You added a lot of extra weep holes to Your inner wall/potstand, so that it couldn't possibly build
up any pressure, then added a new inner wall much closer to the jet holes, it would prime out much quicker. :)

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:41 am

Just because you guys made me think about it and I don't have to deal with bears at least not ones that are going to eat me. I like both cheese ideas and see the advantages of both. Velveeta is really quick no fuss no muss. Blue box with olive oil, well the olive oil is good for you but I have no idea what's in that powdered cheese stuff. However I'm a cheapy and go for the blue box deal.

AND here is my idea to get rid of this mixing bowl stuff because there is noway I'm going to sit there and mix something in a bowl while I'm camp cooking if it isn't going to be a baked good to satisfy my sweet tooth. Put the ramen or macaronin in the ZIPLOCK along with everything else screw on the lid and shake it and eat. Mixes really well I've done this a couple of times and I think this could be the best way to mix cheese and pasta. BUT that is JUST MY OPINION!

I liked Skidsteers setup when I first saw it, apparently someone else did too. As I've noticed the recent videos using it on MBD at least he gave you credit Skids haven't seen that happen to often. However, I'm not a coffee drinker and I just use the Ziploc locking container and added a cozy to it and super glued a cozy piece to the lid. This works really well for me but I don't have a permanent knob mounted to my lid I use a magnet Tac and my stove fits in my Heinipot so I don't need the extra storage area. I will admit the heiniepot just barely fits and it is a tight one but It does fit.

I have also found I can make a meal ahead in a 1 quart freezer bag that will fit in the ziploc container for no mess clean up and the ziploc inside the locking container still works for the shaking method of mixing But like I said that's just me.
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

GrinchMT

Postby GrinchMT » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Incidentally, I am in the process of making a fabric cozy using the same material Sarbar does on hers to fit over the ziplock container. First try bombed, I didn't sew the bottom right. Will let you all see it when I get it right. I like the idea of throwing my bags in that larger ziplock and tossing a cozy around it as opposed to the freezer bag itself. Not sure how it will work though. Wondering if there will be too much heat transfer to the plastic itself.

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm

I'll have to get a picture up sometime of my ziploc locking container. I do the same deal with the bags pulling them over so I don't have to clean the container. Guess I couldn't just figure out how to say that when I was trying to explain it. My cozy is one of those metalic bubble wrap mailers and fits over the locking container and is more or less permanent as it's a really tight fit, I could take it off but see no need. The only part I can't remove is the little circle I glued in the center of the lid. The cozy also seems to keep my Ziploc Locking container more protected from bounce around pack abuse and accidental dropping of it everyonce in a while and additionally adds more protection to my Heinipot enclosed inside the whole deal.

I like the fact i can zip the bag inside the locking container, shake away with out burning my fingers and then take the lid off open the bag and pull it over the lip and eat while keeping my food hot inside the insulated container and still not burning my hands holding my dinner while I eat. then zip and toss, well actullay, Not really, but if I have a camp fire I usually toss the bag in there and let it burn. If I don't I pack it out. They do work good for sealable garbage bags.
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Freezer Bagging is the only way to go. No extra bowls/stuff to wash with precious water found on the trails and purified if you fit into that catagory. Lots of things to be considered.

Good thought provoking stuff.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”