How to Make a Grinch Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
GrinchMT

How to Make a Grinch Stove

Postby GrinchMT » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTuUn4pgAI

I hope to update and make a better burn demo over the weekend. However, this video should explain things well enough for now.

GrinchMT
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

zelph

Re: How to Make a Grinch Stove

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 am

GrinchMT wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTuUn4pgAI

I hope to update and make a better burn demo over the weekend. However, this video should explain things well enough for now.

GrinchMT

Very well done. I like the over the shoulder view.

Unique stove, lot of thought into it's design. We look forward to the update.

Glad to have you here and thanks for sharing your ideas.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Very nice stove! Will you be marketing a few in the cottage industry? :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

GrinchMT

Postby GrinchMT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:37 pm

I just realized that You Tube has a 10 minute limit on making the stove. The video is about 23 minutes in length so I as I type this, I have split it into 3 parts and am re-encoding it to upload to You Tube. I generally do all my own encodes into Flash and post them onto my own site but since You Tube seems to be the rage these days I thought I would put them there. What a PITA it is! Is there another You Tube like service that doesn't have a 10 minute limit I wonder?

"Will I be producing these for the cottage industry?" ----- Dude I'm just happy to have a stove that does what I want it to. However, if anyone around here or elsewhere is interested in them, I'll be glad to toss one together and sell to them. Besides, I'm sure ol' Tinny over there at Mini Bull has the cottage industry all wrapped up :twisted:

In any case, full how to video will be online a little later today.

--GrinchMT
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God…I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles." --- Anne Frank

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 pm

GrinchMT wrote:I just realized that You Tube has a 10 minute limit on making the stove. The video is about 23 minutes in length so I as I type this, I have split it into 3 parts and am re-encoding it to upload to You Tube. I generally do all my own encodes into Flash and post them onto my own site but since You Tube seems to be the rage these days I thought I would put them there. What a PITA it is! Is there another You Tube like service that doesn't have a 10 minute limit I wonder?

"Will I be producing these for the cottage industry?" ----- Dude I'm just happy to have a stove that does what I want it to. However, if anyone around here or elsewhere is interested in them, I'll be glad to toss one together and sell to them. Besides, I'm sure ol' Tinny over there at Mini Bull has the cottage industry all wrapped up :twisted:

In any case, full how to video will be online a little later today.

--GrinchMT

Tinny might have a good market but he dont own it.There always one better out there yours might be it.
Man play with fire man get burnt

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Seems real good at coping designs. But then I don't see too many people patenting them. So I guess he's providing a service to the less gifted in the stove craft. Although I don't agree with his some of his marketing strategies. That's all I'm saying I'd rather be a Switzerland as I enjoy looking at all the sites to see what's new.
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

GrinchMT

Postby GrinchMT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:27 pm

That's the thing though, an alcohol stove though is really not patentable. There have been wick based stoves for years. Though only alcohol stoves I have seen of late that I think are truly innovative are the ones at http://www.packafeather.com - To me that is a little bit of engineering and innovation. Mine, Zelphs, Tinny's, etc etc etc - They are the same designs of one type or another, just in different configurations. Tinny may have learned how to piss people off to sell his stoves (his claim), but as far as being innovative, he is no more innovative than I or anyone else is. To me a good stove is what the user finds acceptable to him.

For me, I was simply tired of having all these "pieces" and the inconsistency of a primer pan. So instead of having a primer pan, stove, pot stand, windscreen and pot, now I just have the stove, pot and windscreen. less to fumble with, less to worry about getting lost or something failing. I definitely wasn't the first to come up with that idea and I wont be the last.

AlwaysHiking

Postby AlwaysHiking » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:36 pm

GrinchMT wrote:That's the thing though, an alcohol stove though is really not patentable. There have been wick based stoves for years. Though only alcohol stoves I have seen of late that I think are truly innovative are the ones at http://www.packafeather.com - To me that is a little bit of engineering and innovation. Mine, Zelphs, Tinny's, etc etc etc - They are the same designs of one type or another, just in different configurations. Tinny may have learned how to piss people off to sell his stoves (his claim), but as far as being innovative, he is no more innovative than I or anyone else is. To me a good stove is what the user finds acceptable to him.

For me, I was simply tired of having all these "pieces" and the inconsistency of a primer pan. So instead of having a primer pan, stove, pot stand, windscreen and pot, now I just have the stove, pot and windscreen. less to fumble with, less to worry about getting lost or something failing. I definitely wasn't the first to come up with that idea and I wont be the last.

They look like they should be landing on the moon! Def. some neat looking stoves, but I think I'd have a hard time with all those pieces.

GrinchMT

Postby GrinchMT » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:53 pm

I agree with you, but you have to admit it is in the least "innovative".

--GrinchMT

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”