Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
User avatar
Skidsteer
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Leisure Acres

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Skidsteer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Allen wrote: You can hold this stove in Your hand while using it. How many stoves of any
type allow that.


It's not that big of a deal really.

Most cat stove designs are cool enough to hold in your hand.

Image
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Image

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:54 pm

I made mine without threaded rivets and it works fine. It's pretty too


Cool Beans!! Pretty Too---that's icing on the cake. :lol: See, you could have saved yourself $25 and invested in some longnecks to get the "Stovie Mind" to come up with more brilliant ideas! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Allen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I made mine without threaded rivets and it works fine. It's pretty too


Cool Beans!! Pretty Too---that's icing on the cake. :lol: See, you could have saved yourself $25 and invested in some longnecks to get the "Stovie Mind" to come up with more brilliant ideas! :lol: :lol: :lol:


LOL :lol: :lol:

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Allen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Skidsteer wrote:
Allen wrote: You can hold this stove in Your hand while using it. How many stoves of any
type allow that.


It's not that big of a deal really.

Most cat stove designs are cool enough to hold in your hand.

Image


That's a cool looking stove Skidsteer :)

I've gotta try one of those!

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 am

This little burner can be held througout its burn. Is adjustable for different heat requirements and also has a simmer ring. Fits in the palm of your hand. No water jacket required. Also comes with attached pot stand. Cost: 29.95 + shipping :mrgreen:

Image

Image
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:03 pm

zelph wrote:This little burner can be held througout its burn. Is adjustable for different heat requirements and also has a simmer ring. Fits in the palm of your hand. No water jacket required. Also comes with attached pot stand. Cost: 29.95 + shipping :mrgreen:

Image

Image


They look Cool. :)

Do You make them?

What is the wick material? Jute?

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Allen wrote:
zelph wrote:This little burner can be held througout its burn. Is adjustable for different heat requirements and also has a simmer ring. Fits in the palm of your hand. No water jacket required. Also comes with attached pot stand. Cost: 29.95 + shipping :mrgreen:

Image

Image


They look Cool. :)

Do You make them?

What is the wick material? Jute?


The wick material on these is fiberglass. In the other thread I gave a link to cotton piping.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby Allen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:35 pm

OK,
Got it.
Thanks zelph :)

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Morphed Hybrid Side burner

Postby zelph » Tue May 13, 2008 6:16 pm

I did 2 test burns on this one :D This stove got lost in the shuffle :mrgreen: Wandered off topic a bit :)

It's the wasp.

Boils 2 cups in 8.5 min and continus to boil with lid off for an additional 3.5 min. on 1/2 ounce denatured alcoholHas it's own built-in stainless steel potstand and has a fuel capacity of 3 ounces.

Image
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/


Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests