Sapporo Pot

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Tobit

Sapporo Pot

Postby Tobit » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Has anyone played around with a Sapporo pot before? I really like how it works with my FancyFeast stove. The only disadvantage being that my stove won't nest in the pot. I am getting slightly quicker boil times with the Sapporo vs. the Heiny although I haven't put a stop watch to it (yet) to know just how much.

Some pics:

Allen

Re: Sapporo Pot

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:31 pm

I haven't seen one of those beers, in a few years. It tasted pretty good :)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I haven't seen one of those beers, in a few years. It tasted pretty good

Sapporro beer is excellent, I had one a couple weeks ago. I believe the can is steel and not aluminum. It is very rigid though.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:17 pm

[img]
Ridgerunner

Private messageAIM [/img]

It took the conversation of a fine imported Japanese beer to bring out my 500th post---guess I can live with that!! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:[img]
Ridgerunner

Private messageAIM [/img]

It took the conversation of a fine imported Japanese beer to bring out my 500th post---guess I can live with that!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats!!!! :D :D

Do You remember who guessed closest to the day?
It was in the stove of the month thread?

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I haven't seen one of those beers, in a few years. It tasted pretty good

Sapporro beer is excellent, I had one a couple weeks ago. I believe the can is steel and not aluminum. It is very rigid though.

The shape reminds Me of those Anodozed Aluminum tumblers You picked up?

Tobit

Postby Tobit » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I believe the can is steel and not aluminum. It is very rigid though.

Is it indeed steel? That would explain why it feels so nice and solid in my hand. It doesn't appear to weigh much more than a Heiny. It probably is steel though as I don't see any recycling logos on the can. It does, however, appear to have the same lining on the inside of the can that aluminum cans have.

- JT

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Tobit wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:I believe the can is steel and not aluminum. It is very rigid though.

Is it indeed steel? That would explain why it feels so nice and solid in my hand. It doesn't appear to weigh much more than a Heiny. It probably is steel though as I don't see any recycling logos on the can. It does, however, appear to have the same lining on the inside of the can that aluminum cans have.

- JT

Got a magnet You can slap on it real quick? Some shower curtain liners have magnets in the bottom seam :)

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Allen wrote:
Tobit wrote:

- JT

Got a magnet You can slap on it real quick? Some shower curtain liners have magnets in the bottom seam :)

P.S. How many oz. does it hold. And how good does a safety can opener work on the top?

Allen

Postby Allen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Tobit wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:.

Is it indeed steel? That would explain why it feels so nice and solid in my hand. It doesn't appear to weigh much more than a Heiny.
- JT

That quote may haunt You for years to come :twisted:

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”