The Jolie Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Ridgerunner

The Jolie Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm

I have been playing around in the shop and have a few new stoves to get online. this stove i call the "Jolie" Stove(notice the large lip Angelina :lol: ). I have not done any specific test yet. This stove is made from 2 Jolt can bottoms and a jolt lid. Right now the stove is just pressed and screwed together. I cut a hole in the bottom of one of the can bottoms so that the top could fit through and then screwed the lid on from the other side to make a permanent attachment. Drilled weep holes in the lid and then pressed the two can bottoms together and drilled jets in the top ring. The burner did not want to take off after filling and lighting so I used a primer lid--whew, what a difference. Here are some pics of the stove in action. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Re: The Jolie Stove

Postby oops56 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I have been playing around in the shop and have a few new stoves to get online. this stove i call the "Jolie" Stove(notice the large lip Angelina :lol: ). I have not done any specific test yet. This stove is made from 2 Jolt can bottoms and a jolt lid. Right now the stove is just pressed and screwed together. I cut a hole in the bottom of one of the can bottoms so that the top could fit through and then screwed the lid on from the other side to make a permanent attachment. Drilled weep holes in the lid and then pressed the two can bottoms together and drilled jets in the top ring. The burner did not want to take off after filling and lighting so I used a primer lid--whew, what a difference. Here are some pics of the stove in action. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Looks like a hot one i cant find any more jolts so mine one hold and the drink not bad
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

It works!!!! It works fast!!!! The photo with the full length heineken shows the pot at a rolling boil. Shaking the camera even :mrgreen:

Did it work as expected? Any changes in line since the preliminary firing?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Shaking the camera even

Yeah, yeah :oops: Don't have a steady hand all the time and the shutter on the digital does not open for a couple seconds after you press the button :x

Two changes on the next model. Less and smaller jet ports. And Jb-weld the halves together. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
Shaking the camera even

Yeah, yeah :oops: Don't have a steady hand all the time and the shutter on the digital does not open for a couple seconds after you press the button :x

Two changes on the next model. Less and smaller jet ports. And Jb-weld the halves together. ;)

My camera does the same thing so most time use my tripod and timer on camera
Man play with fire man get burnt

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”