The Evolution of a Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Ridgerunner

The Evolution of a Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I was at the thrift store the other day and came across a metal toilet paper holder. :idea: I thought--STOVE !
well, the first attempt with the roll was interesting but the results were not as I had hoped. I even had it simmering but it was too leaky..
ImageImageImage

Then with the turn of the sleeve, I could shut down two rows of jets to give a simmer
ImageImage

then I started to think of mine and Oops's pill bottle stove, so I reconfigured the burner to the following stove. Holds over 1/2 ounce and will boils 2 cups of water after a long burn time :roll:
ImageImage

Then the light :idea: switch went off again and I said, "that looks familiar" I think I have something else like this burner that is readily available. Can you say multi-functional?
ImageImage

Library access time is up--a few more pics later---Match Box Stove
Some more pics
ImageImageImageImage
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: The Evolution of a Stove

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Turn of the sleeve to simmer is hot stuff and cool idea. :mrgreen:

Great photos, thanks Ridgerunner. Matchbox stove sounds interesting. Library ain't that bad right???? Better than dialup ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Turn of the sleeve to simmer is hot stuff and cool idea.

Great photos, thanks Ridgerunner. Matchbox stove sounds interesting. Library ain't that bad right???? Better than dialup

Doesn't everyone carry a couple channel lock pliers with them on their hike? :P :lol:

The Library is a thousand times better than dial-up. I can load pics on a flash drive, take it to the liabrary, plug it in and lickity-split, they are uploaded :D :D
They downer is that you are only allowed two 45 minutes sessions per day. I have ALOT of Utube videos to catch up on. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Channel Locks are standard equipment, the gram weiny size :)

I put a meatloaf video on youtube. Added a little more info toit. :)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 pm

A few more pics are up on the MatchBox Stove :) It can be staked to the ground with 2 tent stakes if need be. ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Cool, behind bars :) Looks like a vintage windscreen/potstand :D How do you fill the matchbox stove?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 pm

How do you fill the matchbox stove?

I just used your little medicine cup---squeezed and slowly poured ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
How do you fill the matchbox stove?

I just used your little medicine cup---squeezed and slowly poured ;)

Pretty niffty little cup for small stoves and fill ports. :)

I had a thought that skids might be able to use the spring that's found in one of those toilet paper roll holders. It's like the one I used in a stove I made called the Dildo Stove( I may have erased those from my archives) :? . I'll see if I can find it on Sgt Rocks site now that he's up and running again.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:34 pm

I had a thought that skids might be able to use the spring that's found in one of those toilet paper roll holders. It's like the one I used in a stove I made called the Dildo Stove( I may have erased those from my archives) . I'll see if I can find it on Sgt Rocks site now that he's up and running again.

Naughty, Haughty Zelph :P I was pondering using the spring and incorporate it , similar to Oops" lipstick stove, to pop a wick burner up but decided against it.Hey, I did get two different stoves out of one roll. :mrgreen:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I had a thought that skids might be able to use the spring that's found in one of those toilet paper roll holders. It's like the one I used in a stove I made called the Dildo Stove( I may have erased those from my archives) . I'll see if I can find it on Sgt Rocks site now that he's up and running again.

Naughty, Haughty Zelph :P I was pondering using the spring and incorporate it , similar to Oops" lipstick stove, to pop a wick burner up but decided against it.Hey, I did get two different stoves out of one roll. :mrgreen:

Dual purpose roll holder/stove :)

I ereased that stove from photobucket. It was made with the same container as my stove of the month entry and the same fuel. The container is large and can accumilate alot of vapor. If using alcohol, that much vapor can really scare a person when it goes swooooppppsfppptpopopopopop and blows the wick every which way. I've told that story about how it happend to me in my kitchen as my wife walked in the door and then banned me from the kitchen :oops:

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”