"Fancyfeast Stove" Updated Sept 12 2007

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
toddheyn

Re: "Fancyfeast Stove" Updated Sept 12 2007

Post by toddheyn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:23 pm

oops56 wrote:Yep go ahead on do it this lightweight to me goes to far.Cut things off drill more holes make it smaller cut shoe lances why not cut some fingers off or go bare foot get a hair cut cut off your pack straps shorter etc. to h--- with oz. go for total lbs. :? :?

"If you watch the ounces, the pounds will follow!"
"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:19 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:I'm going to wrap one of my Heinekins and get the total weight and see how close it comes to my favorite 2 cup aluminum pot with bail. Most users of the heiny go for the light weight but then come back and add on insulation that doubles the weight. Hmmmm!!!!

Changed my mind. I'll skip the wrap and just double the weight of the pot. ;)

Yep go ahead on do it this lightweight to me goes to far.Cut things off drill more holes make it smaller cut shoe lances why not cut some fingers off or go bare foot get a hair cut cut off your pack straps shorter etc. to h--- with oz. go for total lbs. :? :?

That lipstick burner you made looks pretty lightweight to me.

Cut fingers off?????????? Have another hot totie, Irish coffee, relax, the feeling will go away. :D :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

markhait

Post by markhait » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:41 am

That SS globe that everyone is talking about at K-Mart. Where can it be found at K-Mart and what is it "normally" used for?
I really like this stove and I'm going to try to go to K-Mart and find it.

Thanks!

toddheyn

Post by toddheyn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:07 am

If you can still find any, they are in the camping department. Usually on an upper shelf. They are designed to replace the glass globe on a camping lantern.

Good luck.
"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:08 am

It is usually a mesh replacement globe for coleman lanterns. However you may have dificulty locating it most of the kmarts stopped carrying it and clearenced it out. Might check walmart but they may have done the same thing. To me it seems similar to a really heavy gauge window screen the metal kind. I think Zelph was experimenting with that he may comment! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:43 pm

This is what Southmark(WB) said on a source for the globes under a different name and location.

Just left the local Academy Sports here. They had lots of the stainless steel screens for coleman lantern globes under the brand of Timber Creek.

markhait

Post by markhait » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:48 pm

I "had" to go to K-Mart's to return some side can openers that didn't work on Heini cans. While there, and it was a ghost town, I went to look for some of those SS globes. Down to the camping department I went. I never saw such a small camping department in my life!
I'm looking around and can't see any and thought, oh darn....Then I remember someone posting that there are usually high up on a shelf. Looking up now and what do I see?.....Yep, ss globes!
There were 4 left and the price said $4.95. I picked up all 4 only because I though I might screw one up and I didn't want to drive all the way back. Oh..by the way..I was thinking of K-Marts and which one to go to. There are 3 by me...well, not really by me but, they are all about the same distance, only in opposite directions. I chose to go to the one in a Yuppie kind of area thinking it would increase my chances. Sometimes I come up with some good thinking :lol:

Anyway...I get to the cashier and she is giving the 4 globes a funny kind of look. I ask her what's wrong and she says "do you know how much these are?" I said yes, $4.95 as marked on the box. She replied, nope...they're being discontinued and so are on sale for .50! I got 4 for $2.00. My wife even thought I got a good deal...although she still thinks I'm crazy for making these stoves :D

Thanks to all of you that posted.

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:34 pm

markhait wrote:I "had" to go to K-Mart's to return some side can openers that didn't work on Heini cans. While there, and it was a ghost town, I went to look for some of those SS globes. Down to the camping department I went. I never saw such a small camping department in my life!
I'm looking around and can't see any and thought, oh darn....Then I remember someone posting that there are usually high up on a shelf. Looking up now and what do I see?.....Yep, ss globes!
There were 4 left and the price said $4.95. I picked up all 4 only because I though I might screw one up and I didn't want to drive all the way back. Oh..by the way..I was thinking of K-Marts and which one to go to. There are 3 by me...well, not really by me but, they are all about the same distance, only in opposite directions. I chose to go to the one in a Yuppie kind of area thinking it would increase my chances. Sometimes I come up with some good thinking :lol:

Anyway...I get to the cashier and she is giving the 4 globes a funny kind of look. I ask her what's wrong and she says "do you know how much these are?" I said yes, $4.95 as marked on the box. She replied, nope...they're being discontinued and so are on sale for .50! I got 4 for $2.00. My wife even thought I got a good deal...although she still thinks I'm crazy for making these stoves :D

Yep i had that happen also so i run back clean them out.Last year about this same time the winchester fixed blade hunting knife wood inlay handel at one time they 12.00 this day was a sticker that said 1.50 so i had the man scan it to see if it was right yep it was so i got them all 11 of them.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:49 pm

Whoa!!!!!

Anyway...I get to the cashier and she is giving the 4 globes a funny kind of look. I ask her what's wrong and she says "do you know how much these are?" I said yes, $4.95 as marked on the box. She replied, nope...they're being discontinued and so are on sale for .50! I got 4 for $2.00. My wife even thought I got a good deal...although she still thinks I'm crazy for making these stoves

Now that is the deal of the year!!! Makes me want to go out and take a second look :D There is no cure for stove fever :lol:

AlwaysHiking

Post by AlwaysHiking » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:53 pm

zelph wrote:Whoa!!!!!

Anyway...I get to the cashier and she is giving the 4 globes a funny kind of look. I ask her what's wrong and she says "do you know how much these are?" I said yes, $4.95 as marked on the box. She replied, nope...they're being discontinued and so are on sale for .50! I got 4 for $2.00. My wife even thought I got a good deal...although she still thinks I'm crazy for making these stoves

Now that is the deal of the year!!! Makes me want to go out and take a second look :D There is no cure for stove fever :lol:

And me thinks there are a lot of enablers on this forum! :D