"Fancyfeast Stove" Updated Sept 12 2007

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Midway Sam

Re: "Fancyfeast Stove" Updated Sept 12 2007

Postby Midway Sam » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Um.... wow.

Zelph sent me a FF stove with a "solid" pot stand. I decided to give it a "Real World" test using my pot & windscreen and using it as I would on the trail. I am a 100% FBC devotee, so I normally boil 1 to 1.25 cups of water. It was a fairly breeze 53 degrees outside for my test. Using a standard aluminum flashing windscreen, I was able to boil 1.25 cups of water in 3.5 minutes, and it boiled for another 1.5 minutes.

Oh... I used 1/2oz of denatured alky. :shock:

I will be carrying the Zelph Industries FF Gen1 on my next hike!
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. ~ William Francis Redmond

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Tobit wrote:Here are some numbers:

One fluid oz. of denatured Alcohol burns for 15m 50s with a Heiny Pot. A full rolling boil of cold tap water, 16 oz. worth, is ready at 9m 45s.

Does this sound about right? If so, it would appear that 3/4 oz. of fuel will be the sweet spot for cooking dinner and a cup of tea.

- JT

3/4 oz sounds good for 60 degree tap water. You should be able to get the boil in 7.5 min starting with the 60 degree water.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Midway Sam wrote:Um.... wow.

Zelph sent me a FF stove with a "solid" pot stand. I decided to give it a "Real World" test using my pot & windscreen and using it as I would on the trail. I am a 100% FBC devotee, so I normally boil 1 to 1.25 cups of water. It was a fairly breeze 53 degrees outside for my test. Using a standard aluminum flashing windscreen, I was able to boil 1.25 cups of water in 3.5 minutes, and it boiled for another 1.5 minutes.

Oh... I used 1/2oz of denatured alky. :shock:

I will be carrying the Zelph Industries FF Gen1 on my next hike!

They arrived fast!!!! Run em into the ground, push em hard. :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Here is the next addition to the ring of fire stoves.

The FF is a ROF of a different size as is this smaller version.

It's the kind of stove we all want, right?? It's one piece, no loose parts to lose. No water jackets, no loose pot supports. No screws to loose.

It is currently under test and tweeking to improve it in some way before making up a few to be given away to those that guess the Mystery Tool items. :D

The photos show the stove heating water in a well used Heinekin pot originally designed by Hog On Ice. First got to know him on Sgt. Rocks site. The pot is now world famous. I've sent the cans to England and Australia and also Canada. Just today I learned that it was HOI that came up with the idea, thanks HOI !!!!

russb

Postby russb » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm

I have been a fan of the Starlyte, but the past few trips I have been using the Fancee Feest. I have to say, I am becoming a convert (not so loud, my starlyte might hear). I don't have any hard numbers, but this weekend (temp in the teens) I took a pot full of water from a stream via a hole punched through the snow. The water was frigid. Used an ounce of fuel and it was a rolling boil and still burning. Again no hard numbers, sorry. Oh, all this from start to finish and my hiking partner was still finicking with his whisperlite. I felt bad so I made him a cup of coffee while his whisperlite primed.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

zelph wrote:Here is the next addition to the ring of fire stoves.

The FF is a ROF of a different size as is this smaller version.

It's the kind of stove we all want, right?? It's one piece, no loose parts to lose. No water jackets, no loose pot supports. No screws to loose.

It is currently under test and tweeking to improve it in some way before making up a few to be given away to those that guess the Mystery Tool items. :D

The photos show the stove heating water in a well used Heinekin pot originally designed by Hog On Ice. First got to know him on Sgt. Rocks site. The pot is now world famous. I've sent the cans to England and Australia and also Canada. Just today I learned that it was HOI that came up with the idea, thanks HOI !!!!

I got on like that just a we biger. now if you just could put on a screw cover be all set
Man play with fire man get burnt

Vibe

Postby Vibe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:00 pm

This thread is another of the reasons I decided to register here. This is most like the stove I have been using lately. Difference being that I use a wick stove made from a Life Savers tin (with a section of lamp rod for a wick holder) which sits in the middle of a tuna can, surrounded by fine meshed SS cloth (which I have MILES of - or very nearly - but that's another story). The wick lights the stove, which soon "overheats" and the flame generally resides inside the mesh...well most of the time. :mrgreen:
Last time out, in 40° temps, one tin of fuel boiled 4 to 5 cups of water each meal for soup/noodles and 2 cups of coffee.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Vibe, we're going to have to see a pic of your stove in action. ;) That will give you something to work on. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Finally :shock:

I made a few dozen more. I've been out of them for a wee bit. They are now again available in my store:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fancee-feest.php

I'm getting confused :lol: :lol: Look up above at the photos of the small stove under the heiny pot. I forgot I designed that one a while back :roll: That's what happens when I get side tracked :lol: more than likely went on a camping excursion of some kind. That one looks pretty nice, better than the 8 gram one recently introduced. Hmmmm!!!!!!! ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Shug likes the Fancee Feest. Great stove for coooold temperatures. Lights really easy.

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”