"Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: "Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Post by zelph » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 pm

I just had an idea :o Put a bead of JB weld around the base of the inside where the wall meets the bottom of the stove. Put a fuel port 3/8" from the top on the outside wall.. Drill holes on the top edge Like I showed in the stovie forum. Put some fuel into the center of the stove, put some fire toit and see what happens. Remember to close the fuel port. :mrgreen:

If it blossoms, put the pot on the top of it.

Drill lots of jets to get max heat back into stove to keep it going. Don't let tiny read this :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm

zelph wrote:I just had an idea :o Put a bead of JB weld around the base of the inside where the wall meets the bottom of the stove. Put a fuel port 3/8" from the top on the outside wall.. Drill holes on the top edge Like I showed in the stovie forum. Put some fuel into the center of the stove, put some fire toit and see what happens. Remember to close the fuel port. :mrgreen:

If it blossoms, put the pot on the top of it.

Drill lots of jets to get max heat back into stove to keep it going. Don't let tiny read this :mrgreen:
Dam to much work also how do you keep a penny on the fuel port :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:43 pm

oops56 wrote:.......... also how do you keep a penny on the fuel port :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oops made a funny!!! :lol:
good one Oops!!! :mrgreen:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

kookiemonster2k2

Post by kookiemonster2k2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:06 am

Excellent idea with the fibre wick tape inside.
When will this version be available?
What cost?
And how much is shipping to Canada?

Thanks.
Kookie

beemerphill

Post by beemerphill » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:15 am

oops56 wrote:
beemerphill wrote:Happy Birthday oops !!! And Many More !!!
If you keep having Birthdays, you'll get to be as old as I am!!
Ok i am 66 how long have i to catch up can you wait till i get there or did i pass you :lol: :lol:

oops,
It looks like I'm the one who has to catch up with you! You passed me when I wasn't looking! When I saw your name (oops56) I figured that the 56 was your birthyear.
Actually, I'm not real far behind you-I was born in 50, and if my math is right, you were born in 42. Anyway-I am still wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many more!!

oops56

Post by oops56 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:12 am

beemerphill wrote:
oops56 wrote:
beemerphill wrote:Happy Birthday oops !!! And Many More !!!
If you keep having Birthdays, you'll get to be as old as I am!!
Ok i am 66 how long have i to catch up can you wait till i get there or did i pass you :lol: :lol:

oops,
It looks like I'm the one who has to catch up with you! You passed me when I wasn't looking! When I saw your name (oops56) I figured that the 56 was your birthyear.
Actually, I'm not real far behind you-I was born in 50, and if my math is right, you were born in 42. Anyway-I am still wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many more!!
Yep born 42 the 56 is how old wnen i got my first compture
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:58 pm

HaHa,HeeHee,HoHo You turn the stove on it's side to cover the port with a penny. Now you've created a side burner penny stove :o

I'll have some stoves ready to ship by tomorrow. The price will be $15.00 and that includes a EZ-Fold windscreen . $3.00 for shipping should cover that. Total $18.00 When I list them on ebay they will be $20.00 + shipping and ebay fees :roll: ebay fees, yukkkk!!!!

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:46 pm

When I list them on ebay they will be $20.00 + shipping and ebay fees ebay fees, yukkkk!!!!
Darn ebay fees! they put one fee on top of another. Got you coming and going. They own paypal so they get you there too. Grrrr :x
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:33 pm

Did a test with 2 ounces of fuel on 6 cups of water. Got the water to 200 degrees and flame out. Not bad for this type of stove. I have a couple dozen made and working on an instruction sheet and video.

TwoScars

Post by TwoScars » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 am

That puts it on a par with mine when it comes to boiling 6 cups on 2oz but your stove blossoms sooner. Good stove!

Two questions:

Just for curiosity have you tried it for melting and boiling ice outdoors?

I love boiled coffee in the winter! I call it bullet coffee. When it floats a .45 shell it's ready to drink :D