"Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: "Cobalt" beer bottle stove

Post by zelph » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
hoz wrote:Wow Zelph, you're taking it to a whole nother level. Collectors items!
Correction...they were collectors items...now they are just cool looking stoves. ;) Nice variety, Zelph....no hippie bus?
Send to me your hippie bus and I'll turn it into a "Truckin" Stove. You know you want it modified :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:23 pm

I listed the "Cobalt" on ebay today. Finally got the time to make it happen.

"Cobalt" The Best Alcohol Stove In The World

Not really, the "StarLyte" is. ;)

Irvingdog

Post by Irvingdog » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 pm

Has anyone here burned one of these out yet? I've done lots of test burns and playing around with mine, as well as using it to make lunch while on the job.
I can't see how you would be able to wreck this thing unless you struck it with something extremely hard!

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:41 pm

I managed to destroy a "Mini-Cobalt" (or rather since it was not wickitized, a mini-Bios). I mad e it from a pair of hair mousse cans. One was the form, the other was to be the stove. When I put the compressed air to it, to separate the stove from the form, It SHOT into the concrete floor and collapsed one edge of the base.
Just as well though. the forming radius on those cans is a bit tight. Walls only ended up about 1/8". Looking for another subject can now.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Irvingdog

Post by Irvingdog » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Irvingdog wrote:Has anyone here burned one of these out yet? I've done lots of test burns and playing around with mine, as well as using it to make lunch while on the job.
I can't see how you would be able to wreck this thing unless you struck it with something extremely hard!
OK. I stand corrected then.
"or shooting it into a concrete floor with highly pressurized air".

;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Irvingdog wrote:Has anyone here burned one of these out yet? I've done lots of test burns and playing around with mine, as well as using it to make lunch while on the job.
The mountain dew's are even more tough. :D

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:53 am

zelph wrote:
But where do you find those?
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 am

Vibe wrote:
zelph wrote:
But where do you find those?
Speedway Gasmarts, Wallyworlds' with grocery store(in promotional section...AL Pepsi now) or for sure..on EBAY ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

grumdrig

Post by grumdrig » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:50 pm

On eBay: "This listing (250377174975) has been removed or is no longer available."

Was that you or them?

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:16 pm

grumdrig wrote:On eBay: "This listing (250377174975) has been removed or is no longer available."

Was that you or them?
It was me. Had to change my email address that was automaticaly inserted when I created the listing. It was causing a hassel with payments arriving at paypal. It's been a long time since my last listing and it had my old one imbedded in ebays memory. I had to relist with correct address. Paypal nor ebay could figure out what was going wrong. I did alot of reading on ebays customer help pages to find out by myself what the problem was. Go figure!!!! :D