"Bud Bottle" stove Wick Style 07/08/2006

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

"Bud Bottle" stove Wick Style 07/08/2006

Postby zelph » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:02 pm

First shows the setup to cut the bottles with a hacksaw blade mounted with screws to a piece of lumber the thickness that I wanted the stove body to be. For furter instructions see the thread on the "Snapple Bottle" stove.

The stove boiled 2 cups of 67 degree water in 6 min. and burned for an additional 1 min. using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol. My personal preference is denatured alcohol. I don't mess with anything else. I've tested em all, this stuff is the best

Those magic numbers again, 2 cups, 1/2 ounce fuel(denatured) Let that be your goal, take your time, don't be in a hurry, enjoy your meal, don't worry about how fast your water boils.

The stove weighs not much at all It's small, does'nt take up much pack space, lights really easy in below freezing temps. Put enough fiberglass cloth in it to absorb all the fuel to make it a much safer stove.

One bottle, one stove, no primer pan or primer wick around the outside is necessary. Has it's own internal pot stand. This is a complete stove!!!!!

Last photo shows flame patern.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”