BudLyte Super Stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
David@Whiteblaze

Re: BudLyte Super Stove

Post by David@Whiteblaze » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:00 am

I have learned that if one wishes to continue to use one of Zelph's windscreens, one shouldn't use them with a stove that is prone to shoot inferno jets around... it melts.

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm

David@Whiteblaze wrote:I have learned that if one wishes to continue to use one of Zelph's windscreens, one shouldn't use them with a stove that is prone to shoot inferno jets around... it melts.
You DID get that on video didn't you? :DB:
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

David@Whiteblaze

Post by David@Whiteblaze » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:17 pm

erm, no, I was at a homeless shelter displaying the safety of my diy stoves, and it sort of boiled over and turned into Mt. Vesuvius

Scott

Post by Scott » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:10 pm

David@Whiteblaze wrote:erm, no, I was at a homeless shelter displaying the safety of my diy stoves, and it sort of boiled over and turned into Mt. Vesuvius
Pictures or it didn't happen........ ;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Alcohol stove manufacturers that mess or suggest messing with white gas in their stoves can get into the same fix,especially if they don't post warnings of "Use of other fuels besides alcohol are at your own risk and not recommended!" One small line like that can save millions of dollars in a court of law... :roll:

What????????

Consider it DONE...................... :P :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed May 05, 2010 8:30 pm

it was just a suggestion,especially with the sleazeball courts in this neck of the woods... ;) ..up to you,it's your business...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Over on the HammockForums they were talking about the BushBuddy wanting a companion alcohol stove. I'll paste my comment from there to here just for everyone's general information.
All this talk about companion alcohol stove for the BushBuddy inspired some testing. I'm a sucker for flame tests I used a Venom Super Stove for two tests and I was pleased with the initial results. Just fill the stove, place inside the BB, light and put the pot on. Watch the video, look for the dual flame pattern generated by the central opening in the design of the SS.(sooooo purdy) Many of you have Super Stoves, now order a BB. The StarLyte stove was tested with BB also and it works great as a companion stove. The StarLyte is sold through Backpackinglight.com and zelph stoves.

Note: both the Super Stove and the StarLyte do not require a separate pot support.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed May 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Duel flame.....so Kewl! 8-) Now I need a Bushbuddy! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

JBRanger

Post by JBRanger » Thu May 20, 2010 11:29 am

See, now you've gone and done it. I tried to withstand the pressure to pick up a BB. Does it act as a windscreen or do you still need a windscreen?

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu May 20, 2010 11:37 am

JBRanger wrote:See, now you've gone and done it. I tried to withstand the pressure to pick up a BB. Does it act as a windscreen or do you still need a windscreen?
Still need a windscreen. I purchased my BB on ebay slightly used, great condition.

The is the follow up video to report that I achieved a boil in 4 min using 1 ounce of denatured alcohol. The first part shows how it's placed inside the BB stove. I did not get a boil with 3/4 ounce of fuel. Second part of the vid I used 1 ounce and got the boil and burned for an additional 1 min. Total burn time 5 min. Really puts out the btu's because there is no pot sitting directly on the Super Stove pot support. Raise the Super Stove to touch the bottom of the pot and it will become efficient as usual.