BudLyte Super Stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
irrationalsolutions

Re: BudLyte Super Stove

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:42 am

yall arent any fun. :(

:lol:
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 am

Can't you people ever stay on topic? :o
RR..I'll send you a pink sillycone band to match yours... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 pm

whats a topic?

zelph how tall is this stove?

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I'll proudly use a pink one in support of breast cancer awareness ! ;)
i'll second that!!
a very good freind of mine just lost his wife to breast cancer. i want a pink one too.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:04 pm

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:I'll proudly use a pink one in support of breast cancer awareness ! ;)
i'll second that!!
a very good freind of mine just lost his wife to breast cancer. i want a pink one too.
My spouses cousin just found out a couple months ago that she has cancer. Unfortunately, it is extremely advanced and the prognosis is not good at all. You would think with all the years of research and the billions of dollars that they have sunk into finding a cure that they would have figured it out by now. :( They are making progress but not as quickly as we would like.
So yes, Ol' Stumpjumper and I would gladly use a pink stove, but I have my doubts to weather there is a pink bottle. Do they make pink heat resistant paint, Zelph ? :P :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:47 pm

So yes, Ol' Stumpjumper and I would gladly use a pink stove, but I have my doubts to weather there is a pink bottle. Do they make pink heat resistant paint, Zelph ?
A unique feature about this stove is the paint won't burn more than 1/16" around the top. The stove should stay nice and pink. I inquired at another Walmart in town and the manager said the pepsi display was at register#3 but had been taken down by the pepsi rep. Long story short I'll call the distributor and find out where they are available.
IRA, was there a pink one in the bunch that you saw? The stove is 2.5 inches tall

I created a means for the BudLyte to simmer and will post a video of it tomorrow.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm

i was joking about the pink stove but i can see this has taken a life of its on.

when i saw it there was YELLOW, BLUE, GREEN, and PINK. actually the pink was a kinda hot pink but still looked pink. i dont know how many of you watch red vs blue but its lightish red.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 am

The BudLyte is capable of simmering and here is how it's done.

I added a small stainless steel assist bar to it to make it move easier. !.2 ounce of fuel is in the stove for this demo. A simmer feature is normally used after the water has boiled when the stove is warmed. The simmer ring at that time is raised to a predetermined height using the lines on the side of the stove.

Practice with the stove will help determine at what height the ring should be raised to. It's hard to see flame size during daylight hours so a predetermined height needs to be established.

IRA, how have you been able to adjust the flame size on the Featherfire during daylight hours when you can't see the stove's flame. Same question goes out to all our readers that may have the Featherfire stove. When I tested the FF the simmer adjustment was questionable because I couldn't see the flame and there was no visible means of knowing how much air was being let in. I thought maybe counting the number of turns on the controlling knob might work.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:46 pm

i havent played with the featherfire on simmer in a while. when i was playing with it i was doing it at night to see it and how it burned then during the day i was doing it by how much i turned it.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Will a dye solve the problem? I think I remember Oops saying he adds something(dye?) to his fuel so there is color to the flame. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !