BudLyte Super Stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
konradchen

Green Label Art Mtn. Dew

Post by konradchen » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey Zelph, any luck sourcing more green label art cans? or you think these are going to be a thing of the past. Thanks

zelph

Re: Green Label Art Mtn. Dew

Post by zelph » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:10 pm

konradchen wrote:Hey Zelph, any luck sourcing more green label art cans? or you think these are going to be a thing of the past. Thanks
I sure am hoping they have a new series coming out. I plan to purchase several hundred bottles to convert. I talked to the area distributor and they inform me that stores are supplied only once for a specific series. Once sold out that's it until the next designs are out.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: BudLyte Super Stove

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Did you have another milled dye made for the Venom or did you try to make one out of wood?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Did you have another milled dye made for the Venom or did you try to make one out of wood?
The one I made of wood failed the pressure test :o It was a good preliminary learning curve with my lathe.

I made the second one out of polycarbonate plastic and it worked just fine.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:57 pm

"polycarbonate plastic"..

What does that stuff look like?Color?..it's not white uhmw,is it? isn't polycarbonate clear..like lexan?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:50 pm

realityguy wrote:"polycarbonate plastic"..

What does that stuff look like?Color?..it's not white uhmw,is it? isn't polycarbonate clear..like lexan?
Lexan is a brand name for a polycarbonate, but it can come in colors as well as clear. Properties are pretty much the same colored or not.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

What Vibe said...... :D comes in all sizes.colors, thickness.....bullet proof enclosures are made of it, lighter than glass, etc.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm

I have some in the clear up to about 1/2" thick for making specialty router bases(Laird Plastics here in Seattle).I just thought the dies would need to be thicker and I haven't seen thicker pieces than 1/2" in their "scrap pile" section..(you know me..Shop retail? The horrors!!! :o .)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm

realityguy wrote:I have some in the clear up to about 1/2" thick for making specialty router bases(Laird Plastics here in Seattle).I just thought the dies would need to be thicker and I haven't seen thicker pieces than 1/2" in their "scrap pile" section..(you know me..Shop retail? The horrors!!! :o .)
I used 1" material laminated to 1/2"

Check out this video!!!

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 pm

zelph wrote: I used 1" material laminated to 1/2"
You'll have to 'splain how you laminate 1" stock to get 1/2" thick...I'm confused. :DP:
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image