BudLyte Super Stove

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: BudLyte Super Stove

Post by zelph » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Vibe wrote:
zelph wrote: I used 1" material laminated to 1/2"
You'll have to 'splain how you laminate 1" stock to get 1/2" thick...I'm confused. :DP:
I laminated 1" stock to 1/2" stock to wind up with 1.5" thick piece for turning in lathe.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe

Post by Vibe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:30 pm

zelph wrote: I laminated 1" stock to 1/2" stock to wind up with 1.5" thick piece for turning in lathe.
Thanks. I thought you'd simply typed it backwards.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Do you think the UHMW plastic would work okay for that?I can get some good thick (probably 2") chunks of that and turns like butter on the lathe or drilling it with forstners...usually about $4 a pound I seem to recall..but it's been a few years since I've been into Laird's...Or do you think that would be too soft? :?:

Here..check this out--->
http://www.lairdplastics.com/index.php? ... 70#results

A page from their "clearance" items(check out the list and number of pages. :lol: .around here,I just go look in their bins)..might be some real deals in there if you need just some pieces and their locations(cheaper shipping if close probably..)...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

i've worked with both HDPE and UHMW and i think that neither would not work for this application.
the bottle would cut into the plastic and grab, rather than roll over around the corner.
polycarbonate is a lot harder stuff.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Okay..just thought I would ask .. :mrgreen: since I have some..Oh well..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am

realityguy wrote:Okay..just thought I would ask .. :mrgreen: since I have some..Oh well..
i still have a half sheet of HDPE out in the shop.
it can be use to make some really cool folding boats/kayaks. as proved by Tom Yost.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

DaddyMnM

Post by DaddyMnM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I was curious if a die could be made such that it would reverse the folding on this stove. Currently the material folds in on itself. Can it just as easily be folded out? The diameter of the final stove would then be slightly larger increasing pot stability and fuel capacity :) . But the original graphics would not be visible as the bottle would now be inside out :( .
Last edited by DaddyMnM on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 pm

DaddyMnM wrote:I was curious if a die could be made such that it would reverse the folding on this stove. Currently the material folds in on itself. Can it just as easily be folded out? The diameter of the final stove would then be slightly larger increasing pot stability and fuel capacity :) . But the original graphics would be visible as the bottle would now be inside out :( .
Sounds like it should work.....I'll make one and test it and post results.

Good thinking DaddyMnM :D

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm

That is cool Jon! Zelph, I think Jon is working on a project that will put good use to all the top halves of the bottles you throw away.... ;) Just think :idea: ; make two different stoves from one bottle and double your sales. :lol: Double your pleasure, double your fun. Zelphs got stoves. Be sure you get one!!! :DP: :DB: :DP:
This slogan has be submitted to the copywrite office for approval. Any use of this slogan without written permission from ridgerunner constitutes fraud and is subject to litigation under penalty of the law! :lol: :lol: :lol: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:That is cool Jon! Zelph, I think Jon is working on a project that will put good use to all the top halves of the bottles you throw away.... ;) Just think :idea: ; make two different stoves from one bottle and double your sales. :lol: Double your pleasure, double your fun. Zelphs got stoves. Be sure you get one!!! :DP: :DB: :DP:
This slogan has be submitted to the copywrite office for approval. Any use of this slogan without written permission from ridgerunner constitutes fraud and is subject to litigation under penalty of the law! :lol: :lol: :lol: :DP:
I don't throw parts away :o Got plans for all parts, some cool stoves in the works. ;) Great slogan!!!!! :D

Jon, interesting way to soften them up. Waiting to see what you come up with.... :D