SHEBA stove burner 03/08/2007

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

SHEBA stove burner 03/08/2007

Post by zelph » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:18 pm

Just started testing this container for use as a burner. It's made of anodized aluminum, like that stuff!!!!

It's a wickatised cat food container. I cut a hole in the bottom to remove the food. Have burned only 1/2 ounce denatured alcohol in it.

I'm interested to see how long the top seal will hold out, anyone done any test on this container?

I'll keep you updated as I go along. Trying to get you interested in wickitising.

I like the looks of this container and with the stainless steel potstand oooohhh, I like it!!!!!!

Got it at Kmart and it's 3 inches at the widest part.

It weighs 11 grams with the wick.

Things are looking better for the Sheba can.

It fits on top of the Heineken pot. Use it as a lid, a sautee pan and an egg poacher.

I have'nt tryed the poaching yet, need to buy another can, I used my burner for photos.

I think I'll try sauteing some shroomsPhoto one

Photo two

Shrooms will be next

It poaches eggs and works better if you use olive oil otherwise it sticks a little to the poacher.

They're on sale today at Kmart, 2 for a buck.

Photo one

Photo two
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: SHEBA stove burner 03/08/2007

Post by zelph » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:13 pm

I did a search for the photos that have been missing for a looooooong time and found them.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The container makes for a good egg poacher, hehe, eggs :D

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Good job Zelph. I looked and thought about that container for a long time but could not come up with anything "new"'. I'm still thinking about the new Miller cans :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 am

Double Sheba Burner..This is pretty simple and seems to burn well..inner can has four small holes drilled in the bottom..a piece of fiberglass cloth was folded over once and wrapped around the sides between the two cans.The cans were pressed together down to about 1/16" between the two lips with the cloth between.Top can lip was used for a potstand..probably burn better with the pot higher up.

Weighs 18-1/2 grams..1st burn,1/2 ounce burned for about 8 minutes,180 degrees with no windscreen...nice curtain..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Nice steady burn going on there :) Thanks for the video, good therapy!!! ;)

Here is a quote from the first post on this thread. This thread originated on Whiteblaze.net on 03/08/07

I'll keep you updated as I go along. Trying to get you interested in wickitising.

I starting showing wick stoves long before that on Sgt Rock's site. Stove making with wick has spread world wide. Even tiny uses it. :o