ZMart Cook Kit

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
DarenN

Re: ZMart Cook Kit

Post by DarenN » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

how the hell did i miss this?!?!?
Zelph, i want one! i'll send you thirty5 buck later this week. i can't find the greasey pot anywhere up here. i'm feeling like i'm missing out on something.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm

AINT that special ! :P :lol: Works for me. you could also drill a small hole in the center of the strainer and cannabolize the stem from a thrift store coffee pot and bingo, you have a perculator ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Eagerly awaiting a full report on coffee percolator.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:39 pm

The grease pot seems to be a little hard to come by in some areas, don't know why, but it's what I hear. I recently purchased 10 of them online so I could make them available thru this Zmart kit.

The windscreen does not support the pot as in Caldera Cone. The modified StarLyte supports it. The windscreen is machined, not hand cut with a pair of shears. The curvature is the same from one to the next. The diameter is variable to fit pots a little bigger and a little smaller.

At one point in time I turned a single egg poacher into a coffee percolator by doing what RR said. I suspect it will work just as well with the grease pot. I think that's in the archives somewhere, if not it's on WB in the foof and cooking forum.

Daren, I have 3 kits ready to ship. I'll get one to the post office tomorrow. The sooner you get it, the sooner you can start practicing with it. Watch the video again and look to see how much Ramen you can cook with 1/2 ounce of fuel. 2 paks of noodles, 2 cups water and one packet of the seasoning. Cook till flame goes out, stir, let set for 5 min dump out salty water and enjoy. Throw your favorite sausages in there to perk it up. :D

Connie, I'll see if I can get the percolator installed in one this coming weekend.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:03 am

i'll get the strainer too right? :)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

DarenN wrote:i'll get the strainer too right? :)
Yes, strainer also. :D

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:38 am

Recent talk on windscreen and air barrier prompted me to do a bump on this thread.

The modified StarLyte stove, grease pot and windscreen are made well for each other.

The windscreen fits inside the pot and is well protected, maintains it's shape.

Blues Frog

Post by Blues Frog » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I have been looking for a black grase pot at walmart. I found a substitute today. It is just not black! It is in the aisle with the strainers as has been said before. It is 1.5 Qt. with lid, strainer, and handle in aluminum. No picture as I'm barely computer literate. $6.97. Good luck on finding them and God Bless. Blues Frog

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Blues Frog wrote:I have been looking for a black grase pot at walmart. I found a substitute today. It is just not black! It is in the aisle with the strainers as has been said before. It is 1.5 Qt. with lid, strainer, and handle in aluminum. No picture as I'm barely computer literate. $6.97. Good luck on finding them and God Bless. Blues Frog
Welcome aboard Blues Frog. I stopped looking in Walmart long time ago. K-Mart locally has them all the time. Black with lip turned outward. They are about the same as what you paid.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Yep, ditto! I don't believe WallyWorld carries them anymore but K-mart is the place to go for your grease pot(or the thrift store :lol: )
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !