ZMart Cook Kit

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
realityguy

Re: ZMart Cook Kit

Post by realityguy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Thrift store? Where?..I wish we had them around here.. :cry:

:mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Blues Frog

Post by Blues Frog » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 pm

If you are in the KC MO area look at the Liberty Walmart. Forget the small Walmarts. Blues Frog

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Hmmmm!!! the small Kmarts don't have them :(
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

zelph wrote::lol: nobody knows-------- the sorrow I'm feeling........ :lol: I have not sold a 1 kit so far....but that's ok, I'm busy keeping Super Stoves on the shelves. :D

I did test the kit today because I've been reading about folks interest in the Kmart pot. they were talking about the strainer portion of the pot and made meto think of a way to utilize it. And what do I think of when it comes to cooking????????.......you got that right!!!!....eggs :mrgreen:

The photos give a good idea of how it was done. Alum foil on the strainer sprayed with pam olive oil, 1/2 cup water in pot, heat and we got eggs done just right.............I'm getting attached to this kit :o Read the specs.....consistant at boiling 2 cups with 1/2 ounce fuel.

ImageImageImage

I had an email today asking about the grease pot and cooking my favorite. :D Specifically wanted to know how much water and fuel to use.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 am

It's always nice to see dual-purpose-cooking with one fueling....especially eggs... :mrgreen: I'm going to have to try a setup like that.. ;)
Did you use a lid over the eggs?I'm just thinking a smaller foil pan with moisture around an uncovered 1/2" wide edge strainer strip..with cover on top..might cook both sides faster at once...
I might have to try that in my double pan bake setup..with eggs and oil in one of the two pans.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 am

realityguy wrote:It's always nice to see dual-purpose-cooking with one fueling....especially eggs... :mrgreen: I'm going to have to try a setup like that.. ;)
Did you use a lid over the eggs?I'm just thinking a smaller foil pan with moisture around an uncovered 1/2" wide edge strainer strip..with cover on top..might cook both sides faster at once...
I might have to try that in my double pan bake setup..with eggs and oil in one of the two pans.. :lol:

Yes, I had the lid on to utilize the steam. Works great.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Is it safe to assume that the steam gave the eggs that "over easy" look and not that you flipped them? :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Let's see..double baker.. with bacon in one and over-easy eggs in the other... :roll: ..maybe a triple with some hash browns also... :mrgreen: ..a decadent backpacking cooker... :lol:

let's see..bacon on the bottom for more heat..eggs next for equal cooking top and bottom and basting in butter,and hash browns on top for "browning"..hell yes!That oughta work! :mrgreen:

Now if I can figure out how to boil water in my coffee press on top of all that... :roll:

sudden

Post by sudden » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 pm

realityguy wrote:Let's see..double baker.. with bacon in one and over-easy eggs in the other... :roll: ..maybe a triple with some hash browns also... :mrgreen: ..a decadent backpacking cooker... :lol:

let's see..bacon on the bottom for more heat..eggs next for equal cooking top and bottom and basting in butter,and hash browns on top for "browning"..hell yes!That oughta work! :mrgreen:
:

Here you go RG. PIP baking (from a pressure cooker website I visit).
http://missvickie.com/howto/cooking101/pipinfo.html
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Nice link!

I got onto that style of cooking, from The Boat Cook by Donna Doherty. It is essentially baking over boiling water.

The Portable Baker: Baking on Boat and Trail, by Jean and Samuel Spangenberg has recipes for baking over boiling water in a pressure cooker.

FYI. I have also seen bamboo steamers stacked for cooking over one heat source.
Last edited by ConnieD on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.