Turbolised Potstand 07/26/2007

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Turbolised Potstand 07/26/2007

Post by zelph » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Had some to put an idea into reality.

I added a stainless steel mesh turboliser to my stainless steel potstand.

What is a turboliser????????

I'ts a sink strainer, a small one.

I welded it to the potstand to see if theory would hold true.

The potstand was put on top of a can of denatured alcohol. The can has fuel absorbing material in it and is covered with fiberglass cloth. When not in use the lid can be put on till the next use. Poor mans "Canned Heat/Stove"

The mesh is acting like a catalytic converter I believe. What is your opinion. Automobiles have catalytic converter, why not alcohol stoves. Improves combustion. Vapors pass thru the red hot mesh!!!!!!Poooffffff instant heat. What do you think????

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: Turbolised Potstand 07/26/2007

Post by zelph » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I updated the above post to include the photos that were missing. Now you can see what I was refering to. Just an insight to some of the things that you can add to your stove designs.

Nightwalker

Post by Nightwalker » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:10 pm

zelph wrote:What do you think????
Well, the main thing is that it looks cool. That's always very important! :D
Just Hike!

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Nightwalker wrote:
zelph wrote:What do you think????
Well, the main thing is that it looks cool. That's always very important! :D
Yeh!!, look at that last photo, a pinnical of fire. I like how it shapes the flame(stiletto).

Looks are everything!!!!! :D

seudo_411

Post by seudo_411 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi guys
I really apologize for dragging this topic up, but i was looking at this post, sat and stared at the pictures for about 10 minutes,
and tried to think of how this design could work...

So i came up with this idea of using the Strainer/Cat-converter to provide thermal feed back to the wick and fuel... (1)

It might not be a good idea if it burns to quickly but I love your designs, would love to see a Starlyte, painted red... you could call it the STARLIN...

Sorry being silly, but actually I was going to suggest a steel mesh dome, for a Starlyte (2) ... I just have a last question... If there is no gap between the stove and the mesh, will the stove burn (3.1) , or is there insufficient air flow through the mesh to sustain a burn (3.2) and could this be remedied by punching a few of larger "clear" holes through the mesh... (3.3)

(If anyone is wondering about the numbers... It makes it easier if you want to refer to a question... Might be redundant but hey I'm new and this my very first Post )
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:41 pm

seudo_411 wrote:Hi guys
I really apologize for dragging this topic up, but i was looking at this post, sat and stared at the pictures for about 10 minutes,
and tried to think of how this design could work...

So i came up with this idea of using the Strainer/Cat-converter to provide thermal feed back to the wick and fuel... (1)

It might not be a good idea if it burns to quickly but I love your designs, would love to see a Starlyte, painted red... you could call it the STARLIN...

Sorry being silly, but actually I was going to suggest a steel mesh dome, for a Starlyte (2) ... I just have a last question... If there is no gap between the stove and the mesh, will the stove burn (3.1) , or is there insufficient air flow through the mesh to sustain a burn (3.2) and could this be remedied by punching a few of larger "clear" holes through the mesh... (3.3)

(If anyone is wondering about the numbers... It makes it easier if you want to refer to a question... Might be redundant but hey I'm new and this my very first Post )
Glad you brought it up. This stove reminds me of a red mini StarLyte made from 2 tealites and used in conjunction with a cone shaped combustion/catalytic converter tube. I've been thinking of that stove recently.

With this one. the dome mesh needs to be lifted up and the burner ignited(could easily cut a hole in the mesh to insert match)

The mesh as you see it prevents the stove from lighting. Flame can't get close enough to lite it. Quirky little unknown fact. ;) Thats the reason this stove was put on the back burner.

I'll see if I can find a link to the red mini Starlyte.

Great to have you here and your first post was a thought provoker, that's how we survive :mrgreen:

The Stiletto

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36

yellow is hard to read, sorry I did'nt use your number system