Slimline Stainless Steel Pot

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Ridgerunner

Re: Slimline Stainless Steel Pot

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu May 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Neat idea, Zelph! Your hook removal pliers are truely multipurpose :D Looks like your water may be subject to some fluttering ash but everyone could use a little more carbon in their diet. :lol: Could you close the top with one of those very small black pinch paper clips without the water rising up to overflow if you were using only 2 cups? That baby has to weigh practically nothing, ehh? I love the way your wheels are always turning! :idea:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 pm

How are we supposed to cook out catch of the day in one of those? :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

irrationalsolutions

Post by irrationalsolutions » Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 am

ok now im interested in trying one. the vid sold me
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 am

I agree, and I wrote something nice, this time, at YouTube.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri May 07, 2010 10:49 am

Outside the box, I'm always thinking outside the box. The Ring Of Fire design is outside the box....I even made a canister stove based on that style. Radical thinking :o

I have not cleaned the pot since I removed it from the fire. No soot was deposited on the pot only some ash and a hard varnish substance is on it. A small grommet will do nice for a lifting point and a stainless steel lift mechanism. This is a work in process item, thoughts are moving on it.

I appreciate the nice comments on the tube :D

I'm working on a stainless steel roasting rack for the fish. I need to get the fish to try it out. The new GoTo stove will simmer really nice for cooking fish in butter. The simmer sleeve works slick as all get out.......and eggs.........good for cooking eggs. ;)

RR, ash was flying around but I didn't see any get inside the pot. Ash is sterile, we eat it :lol:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Post by sudden » Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Very neat idea.

It wouldn't be as flat, but what if you make one with a (very) slightly wider bottom (weld a strip in)? Then weld the top further shut (don't need such a big opening in order to fill it).

I think it would be easy to pick up with gloves and easier to pour too. That might eliminate the need for forceps.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri May 07, 2010 3:25 pm

sudden wrote:Very neat idea.

It wouldn't be as flat, but what if you make one with a (very) slightly wider bottom (weld a strip in)? Then weld the top further shut (don't need such a big opening in order to fill it).

I think it would be easy to pick up with gloves and easier to pour too. That might eliminate the need for forceps.
Nice idea, good food for thought, thanks :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri May 07, 2010 5:20 pm

If you start welding a portion of the top closed, it is going to make it more difficult to clean the inside if you are cooking something besides water.

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Fri May 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I have seen coated expanded material used for frying fish on a campfire.

It was a coating on steel: not a good idea, because it chipped.

I think a heavy anodized ceramic would be just right, especially so, if on a smaller-type trout sized backpack grill.

I have seen oysters cooked on a hot rock: pop open, done. Fish are too messy.

How about unobtainium-titanium? Nevermind, "proprietary" heavy anodized ceramic on food grade "3000" aluminum?

I would provide a place to shove a stick handle in it, rather than provide a handle.

note: a "big fish" could be cut up, but usually "the big fish" got away. ;) I "vote" for small and lightweight in the backpack.

I think a person could use whatever they like to manage their Slimline Stainless Steel Pot.

For example, I have a titanium tool for clearing "chocks" for rock-climbing I use for hammocking, nowadays. It could hook onto a large hole diameter grommet. People could be left to their own devices and ingenuity, or purchase a handle from you.

I do like the fan-fold idea for helping it to stand up, even if it does limit it's use to hot water.

If relatively inexpensive, say, a package of three a person could decide how they want to use it: food or hot water.

DaddyMnM

Post by DaddyMnM » Fri May 07, 2010 9:29 pm

If you fold it, will it break? If not, you could eliminate welding one side with a fold.