Woodgaz UL wood burning stove.

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
sudden

Re: Woodgaz UL wood burning stove.

Post by sudden » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 am

I'm rethinking my preference of the first version.

I'll bet after some use, people will find the second version not only more compact but easier to load with twigs. I can see myself holding the stove with three sides and the bottom closed (u-shaped). Lay the sticks in, fold the last panel and you're ready.

zelph,

If you get some spare time can you try the loading idea and let me know if the stove will hold together well enough to load with three sides+bottom? Will the last panel close with the wood already in? I might add a mod so the last panel stays closed (simple hook).
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 am

sudden wrote:I'm rethinking my preference of the first version.

I'll bet after some use, people will find the second version not only more compact but easier to load with twigs. I can see myself holding the stove with three sides and the bottom closed (u-shaped). Lay the sticks in, fold the last panel and you're ready.

zelph,

If you get some spare time can you try the loading idea and let me know if the stove will hold together well enough to load with three sides+bottom? Will the last panel close with the wood already in? I might add a mod so the last panel stays closed (simple hook).
Your way is doable with practice. :D

To make life easy for everyone, I'll include a stainless steel clip to assist in filling the stove. It will keep the stove firmly together while loading wood. I'll post a photo of it later, maybe a quick video.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm also including a stainless steel clip to aid in loading the stove. Here are a few photos of the clip in use recently and also a short video.

ImageImageImageImage

After you have purchased the stove you will be given a password to enter a private album located at Photobucket that will give instructions on firebuilding techniques and tools used in making the Woodgaz stove so easy to use and have successful ignition on top lit batch loading.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Sudden came up with a cool idea how to load the stove. I'll do a video of it tomorrow. Next week I'll make up a few of the round Woodgaz stoves, sorry for getting side tracked.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Alright, here is a video of the "Sudden Technique" how to batch load the Woodgaz. Right after doing the video I made another showing how the batch of wood was successfuly top lit using split twigs and Indian grass as tinder. That video along with this one will be used as an instructional video. Indian grass is a "Native" grass. It has tall, thick stems, grows to 5' tall.

I have 5 stoves left if anyone is interested in one.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:36 pm

For us with a gimpy wing, does the stove come with a pair of hand pruners to make all those 2" sticks? :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice wood burner, Zelph! I wonder if it would fit in a dvd or vhs case or am I thinking too big?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 pm

For us with a gimpy wing, does the stove come with a pair of hand pruners to make all those 2" sticks? :P :lol: :lol:
They are called..Teeth... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 pm

The twigs were well dried. I had picked them up this morning laying on a layer of leaves recently blown down over the last two days of extreme high winds that came through the Midwest. More than likely they were hanging dead up in the trees before they had blown down. Those twigs in the stove are brutus size and lit easily with dry grass as tinder along with split twigs. I'm addicted to top lighting vertical stacked loads of wood. :roll:

I can visualize RG breaking those twigs with his teeth :mrgreen:

DVD case too thin, back pocket good

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:35 pm

I
can visualize RG breaking those twigs with his teeth :mrgreen:
I still have two wings..that was a suggestion for the one-winged bird back east...or he could ride over them with his new bike.. :lol:

Nah..he better stay away from bikes for awhile... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 pm

realityguy wrote:I
can visualize RG breaking those twigs with his teeth :mrgreen:
I still have two wings..that was a suggestion for the one-winged bird back east...or he could ride over them with his new bike.. :lol:

Nah..he better stay away from bikes for awhile... :roll:
Nah, I have all the parts to make the bike back to the way it was, except the tank. That is the next projects along with cleaning the garage for winter. I have plenty of down time to make it happen, one wing and all.
Stumpjumper helped me cut some wood to use to test the new tent stove today. I'm moving forward at a snails pace but at least it is in the right direction. ;) :lol: :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !