"Ridgeline" lightweight pot series

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: "Ridgeline" lightweight pot series

Post by zelph » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Take a peek at which stove he used under his ridgeline.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ashman45

Post by ashman45 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

Indeed..the Fancee Feest and Ridgeline are a fine match of stove and pot. Used it this weekend for cooking dinner, breakfast and coffee. Worked just fine.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am

ashman45 wrote:Indeed..the Fancee Feest and Ridgeline are a fine match of stove and pot. Used it this weekend for cooking dinner, breakfast and coffee. Worked just fine.
Glad it's working for you. I had not tested it under the foster's. I had one custome report back that the lip guard melted on his. He didn't say what stove he /she used so i recommend folks out there to be prepared for the lip guard to melt if you don't have a Fanccee Feest, Cobalt blue Soloist or a Super Stove. There are other stoves out there that should work also.

ashman45

Post by ashman45 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:36 am

So far, no issues with the lip guard. I have done several boils with it and the Fancee Feest. I did take the lip guard off mine this week, simply because I don't drink out of it, however it has been on there for quite a few burns and no issue.

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 pm

ashman45 wrote:So far, no issues with the lip guard. I have done several boils with it and the Fancee Feest. I did take the lip guard off mine this week, simply because I don't drink out of it, however it has been on there for quite a few burns and no issue.
Good to hear that. Just to be a good guy I stopped applying the guard. :D

I have not been able to do any scientific tests heating water in the foster's can. Seems like everyone and their uncle has done tests in the foster's and heinekens. Seems like it would just another test added to the countless ones out there. Thanks to you for sharing your test results with the 2 cup foster's.

different stoves will certainly give different results.

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Plastic lids are now included FREE with purchase of 1 & 2 cup cans.

sudden

Post by sudden » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Quick followup, late as usual.

Somebody tried to crush my ridgeline pot before I ever got to use it :evil:

No pics but my pot has a nice sharp crease running down the side. That is unfortunate but the good news is it never collapsed and still has its original shape (except it has character now).

It was in the trunk and someone threw their gear on top of it. You can see how hard it was hit by the sharpness of the new groove.

Ridgeline .... It takes a beating and keeps on heating. :mrgreen:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 am

Ridgeline .... It takes a beating and keeps on heating
That's good news :D The ridges strengthen for holding :D

My wife and I used a full size foster's since I first designed the Ring Of fire. The pot has always been kept in the trunk of our car except when camping. It still keeps on heating water without any large deformities. she has added a full size ridgeline pot to the trunk. My preference is the full size. I only heat water for freezer baggin.

Thank you for the feedback. Good to know it can take a licking and keep on heating. :D

I got an email from someone that purchased a 2 cupper. He said it was smashed along with the box it was shipped in. :o First item that has ever been reported damage in transit. :o

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 am

I
got an email from someone that purchased a 2 cupper. He said it was smashed along with the box it was shipped in. :o First item that has ever been reported damage in transit. :o
Did he send you a picture? ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Post by sudden » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Must have been under the box that fedex guy threw over the fence :DP:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."