"Ridgeline" lightweight pot series

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
Ridgerunner

Re: "Ridgeline" lightweight pot series

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 pm

If the box was damaged, he should have it picked up and returned or filed a claim with the carrier :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 pm

The SELLER is usually the one that has the receipt for the insurance..if he got it.. :roll: but if he did,it should be noted on the package.Was it insured?Was it a cultist? Was it an ebay package? If it was ebay;you're screwed(because you are a seller,that's why)...They don't really care if there are pictures or not.If the buyer says it's busted..it must be busted..no matter how perfect it was when /if it arrived.. :lol:
I'm sure you'll take care of the problem to the buyer's satisfaction either way..because you are one of the good guys!
;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:29 pm

I have been to the Post Office twice, today, looking for my package. They said the truck just got in.

Here it is:

The Foster's can is so tough, now, it is easy to use that "silicone pot grabber".

That little plastic loop on top really helps. No burned fingers.

I see the top of the Foster's can has a protected edge. I also have a plastic lid and a spare for a "sipper lid".

I can already tell, I really like the added strength to the can provided by the ridges. Now, I need to get it outdoors.

note: I have the Gossamer Gear Caldera Cone with the Fosters can and "gram cracker" stove for Esbit. The Fosters can deflected so easily, I was reluctant to use it with hot water inside.
I "retired" that Foster's can, hoping for something better.

cadyak

Post by cadyak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Is that the ring of fire and the regular fancy feest stove?
Do you feel that you would need to carry the the Ridgeline pot inside some kind of protection inside your pack? (i.e. ziploc containers or the like)

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:05 pm

It is the Ring of Fire and the Fancee Feest.

I got both stoves because I want a "simmer stove" for soup, and, a "fast stove" for a hot drink, right now.

I am going to compare different fuels, SLX denatured alcohol, "yellow" Heet and 92-isopropyl alcohol.

I still have my XS-size Caddy from Trail Designs. http://www.traildesigns.com/accessories/caldera-caddy

I have carried the Heiniken cooking pot unprotected, except for a SilNylon stuff sack, in my pack. It dented.

This Ridgeline Fosters is much stronger.

I am thinking the SilNylon stuff sack, or, maybe a Reflectex insulating sleeve will keep it "new".

If not, I will use Trail Designs XS-size Caddy.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Now aint that cute! Zelph fixed you up with a pink pot lid ziptie AND a pink pot grabber. ;) :DB:
It looks like the fanceefeest is cut down for simmering?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm

It is just a top view, that's all.

I have wanted to have a Fancee Feest.

I got the "found" cat and I found Fancy Feast in the grocery store.

However, I cut my thumb in two places that still hurt. Me? I would rather pay for this particular skill.

Maybe zelph will make a nice pink one for you?

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Maybe zelph will make a nice pink one for you?
I showed my support for breast awareness month by wearing a pink wrist band the whole month. I meant breast cancer awareness month :oops: Just like a car; color is the last thing you worry about. Most important is its functionality ;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

The 2 cup Foster's is really enforced well with the plastic lid on it. I was amazed how much strength it adds to the can. The pot grabber around the can also adds protection if stored that way. A light weight container is the plastic container that real time lemonade comes in, 1.7 ounce. Avail at Kmart.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:49 pm

I have Country Time pink lemonade.

If it ever gets empty, I can compare the weight. ;)

The fact is, the Ridgeline Foster's without the lid is much more stronger than a wick-wrapped Heineken and lid.

The wick never protected my fingers from the heat. The "silicone pot grabber" really works.