Altoids Tin Pocket Stove 2 oz

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
ConnieD

Re: Altoids Tin Pocket Stove 2 oz

Post by ConnieD » Fri May 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Ridgerunner, I am not authorized to read that forum.

Huh?

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I'll work on it
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

There was some recent house cleaning done on the board. The Stove of the Month forum is no longer viewable since that program lost contestant participation. The were some interesting creations that probably should be available to our viewers. Perhaps a change in the name of the forum so as not to confuse viewers to think we still run the contest. In the mean time, you can view this old video ;)

"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Oh man! That is fun.

I can see you in the campground, now.

You take out your campstove, coffee percolator, and egg poacher.

The other campers wonder at what you are doing. Very soon, the aroma of coffee and poached egg breakfast is noticed.

All you need to do, now, is paint it Colman Stove green and add a Coleman decal, a tiny Colemen decal. :roll:

I used to joke, arriving at the state park and county campgrounds, "Is it requisite I have a Coleman Stove"? The campground host would smile. They knew what I was talking about.

(All my gear is for backpackers, lightweight and UL.)

Hey! I know, name that forum thread: Amazing Creations!

ConnieD

Post by ConnieD » Fri May 18, 2012 11:59 pm

zelph,

I need an Altoids tin stove.

Do you think I could put my modified Starlyte in an authentic Altoids tin?

I could take it to the next amateur radio hamfest: it is a camping trip with ham radio flea market, speakers, vendors, exams.

Last time, I took ham.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 am

People that come by here for craigslist camping items always get a "stove show". :roll: ..They are always amazed at the altoids one.. :o :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat May 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Connie, here is the link to my creation.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1003

My thought was to couple the stove with a 12oz & 24oz Heine pot.
Everyone should be able to view that link and also see the forum listed on the board.

If you browse the forum you'll be able to see entries by "just tinkering" he is also known as "flatcatgear"

Lots of people come here to get ideas and then head off on their own. We like sharing ideas. :D

onnie here is the size of the tin I used: They are 3 11/16" x 2 5/16" x 13/16". (94 x 59 x 19.5mm) Same size as an Altoids tin.

Some photos of altoid size stoves:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:24 am

Bummer, left my camera and video recorder at campground.

I got the hinges in the mail and made another try at it. Came out pretty good. Used JB Weld to fasten four pot supports and a StarLyte burner into a tin. One of the pot support legs was a litte of angle but lid still closed. Photos when I can :(

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I made another one with full success. I got my spot welder to work on the hinges.

I cooked/boiled 4 chicken drumsticks/legs in a Kmart grease pot. I put the legs in first and covered with cool tap water. Used aluminum foil for pot lid/cover

3:57 light burner, pot is on stove. (stove has modified StarLyte burner that holds 1.5 ounces of HEET in yellow bottle.)

4:08.15 water begins to boil.

4:17 flame goes out.

4 chicken legs are completely cooked. :D

My thoughts for today were on cooking squirrel while out in the woods doing a survival adventure :mrgreen: I like the taste of the woodland rats as my uncle called them :roll:

I'm at home today with no camera or video recorder. Tomorrow at camp I'll do a video ;)

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:There was some recent house cleaning done on the board. The Stove of the Month forum is no longer viewable since that program lost contestant participation. The were some interesting creations that probably should be available to our viewers. Perhaps a change in the name of the forum so as not to confuse viewers to think we still run the contest. In the mean time, you can view this old video ;)
haha. I just found what I'll be trying to make next in my office on my down time using old Railroad junk.. :)