Altoids Tin Pocket Stove 2 oz

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Re: Altoids Tin Pocket Stove 2 oz

Post by zelph » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:04 pm

sudden wrote:The trapper stove

I would take it one step further after you figure out the stove bits. Add the trap set back in and sell it as a universal survival animal trap and ultralight stove. The USATUS :mrgreen:
The "oops laughalot" :mrgreen: Hey oops, have you ever given a name to one your creations?

Sudden.....excellent idea about the trap being part of a survival kit. The more I thought about it the more i think it's a great idea. these little mouse traps are really light weight. In an emergency situation we want any and all kinds of edibles to sustain us. I have always thought of catching minnows to survive. Minnows are easy to catch along the shores of creeks, rivers and lakes. If you had mouse trap you could catch mice, chipmunks and other rodents. Use their natural foods in the trap.

Minnows can be caught with the tiniest of flies on thin sewing thread. Easy to carry in a survival kit.

I didn't take the time to work on the stove today. Had to remove snow from my driveway and watch tv :mrgreen:

After doing the snow thing and I was back in the house relaxing I thought about the stove....the part I want to use to hold the fuel is out in my frigid greenhouse :roll: I'm thinking of using one of the containers that was used to make the "Esbitmizer" stove. It had a sliding top to make the burner simmer. I think it will fit nicely inside the altoids to contain the alcohol and be able to use esbit also and to simmer. The altoids tin is too large for just pouring alcohol into it and have a localized flame under the pot. The burn rate would be known as "radical" :geek:

edited to include video of esbitmizer:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 pm

use a small shoe polish can get at the dollar store hole in cover for simmer cover off for hot burn i make them
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:13 pm

oops56 wrote:use a small shoe polish can get at the dollar store hole in cover for simmer cover off for hot burn i make them
What do you use for a pot support?

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Is there enough clearance for a starlyte burner? Pack rat Stove :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Pack Rat stove hmmm, that's got some promise. :P I have an old house built back in the 1890's While remodeling I found a pack rat's nest behind the plaster and lath wall covering. I contained needles, hair pins, very old news paper bits and pieces and some plastic beads.A piece of the newspaper had a date of 1937.

Not enough room for a starlyte burner.

The sun is shining so I might get out to my greenhouse to get the burner for the ratzpak :o