Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15835
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by zelph » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:05 am

Had a mishap during testing. Spilled 2 cups of hot water onto my shipping/work table that's on my porch. :roll: That put an end to my testing for the day :(
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Book580
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by Book580 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:35 pm

I am using the Bushbuddy and Bushbuddy Companion Burner to cook with and have had great results. I tried to fry bannock today but the companion burner was a little too hot. Is there anyway that this new system for the StarLyte can be set up on the Companion Burner to slow it down a little bit?

Abela
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by Abela » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am

Speaking of the GGG... you shipping out any of those StarLyte stoves for the event? Remember reading you were shipping some gear out.

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15835
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by zelph » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 am

Book580 wrote:I am using the Bushbuddy and Bushbuddy Companion Burner to cook with and have had great results. I tried to fry bannock today but the companion burner was a little too hot. Is there anyway that this new system for the StarLyte can be set up on the Companion Burner to slow it down a little bit?
Thanks for your inquiry Book. It should work just fine. The disc is 1/2" larger in diameter than the Companion Burner so it will shield it well. The center hole can be made to reduce the burn rate by half.

Hey John, yes, some StarlYte stoves and some carbon felt simmer discs as well will show up at the GGG. How far do you have to travel to arrive at the park where it takes place?

There are a lot of people that visit this site every day. Most of them don't realize what a good deal has been offered in the "Companion Burner" It is 4 times as large as the StarLyte burner, 4 times stronger, made with stainless steel mesh, has same absorbing material. Now with the introduction of the carbon felt simmer disc you'll be able to reduce the output in half or more.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Abela
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by Abela » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 pm

zelph wrote:Hey John, yes, some StarlYte stoves and some carbon felt simmer discs as well will show up at the GGG. How far do you have to travel to arrive at the park where it takes place?
I live about 15 minutes from Ken T... we head down together... it is about 410 miles and 7.5 hours drive.

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15835
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by zelph » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Abela wrote:
zelph wrote:Hey John, yes, some StarlYte stoves and some carbon felt simmer discs as well will show up at the GGG. How far do you have to travel to arrive at the park where it takes place?
I live about 15 minutes from Ken T... we head down together... it is about 410 miles and 7.5 hours drive.
Wowsa!!!! Loooong drive. You'll get there at sundown. Do you stay for at least 4-5 days?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15835
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Simmer device for 12-10 and StarLyte burners

Post by zelph » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 am

I did this video yesterday. Kinda long but not too bad. I'm going to make another one showing how to make the flame really small just for the fun of it :mrgreen:



Somehow youtube got into the pants of google or the other way around and made all my other videos disappear :twisted:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Post Reply