Flux Ring testing

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
zelph

Flux Ring testing

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Image Image Image

I started testing a few days ago with a cup that has the flux ring fins to transfer heat. Here's a quote from Whiteblaze:

[QUOTE=zelph;1883628]Yes, for sure they are long. I've only been using 1/2 ounce of fuel. It soaks in well to the fuel absorbing material and is slow to be released. Yes, it's been proven that if you put in 1 ounce of fuel that you'll get faster boils and can then snuff out the burner, let cool a little and cap it off to retain remaining fuel.

Because this Jetboil cup has a cozy attached I started off with minimum fuel to prevent flames from going up tghe sides of the pot...if that's what will occur if I use 1 ounce of fuel.

More testing is needed to see how the burner reacts with 1 ounce of fuel. We know 1/2 ounce works well...slow but efficient. we know 1 ounce of fuel will shorten boil times.

The fluxring sure does have an interesting effect on how the flame stays under the pot. I'm sure it's the way air flows under the metal structure attached to the pot and how it then flows through the fins and out. It seems the fins have a slowing down effect on the exiting gasses. dunno for sure at this point. We'll see how it looks when I test it with 1oz of fuel.

My last test I used a stainless steel pot support and it works well, stores well within the flux ring compartment. Looks as if the pot support can remain there while the pot is used with a canister. I'm sure it will withstand the heat of the gas stove.

Some photos I took so you can see what I'm doing and one of the photos shows how the stainless steel pot support spans the bottom of the pot fixture.

l

I've done about six tests and you can see the bottom of the pot is clean which means the fuel is burning efficiently.[/QUOTE]
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: Flux Ring testing

Post by zelph » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:41 pm

I saw a you tube video yesterday that used the Venom Super stove under this type of pot. Let me see if I can find it and post it.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/