Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
zelph

Re: Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Postby zelph » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:17 pm

I eat any kind of eggs(almost) bring on the powdered :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:47 pm

ALMOST ? How about the pink pickled eggs? :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:ALMOST ? How about the pink pickled eggs? :D

I'll eat those also!!!!! :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Well, I finally got around to testing out the pods. They worked great. Made sure i sprayed them with Pam and let them steam to perfection. Let them just simmer with the lid on, Zelph...no water over the side. Slid right out with no residue.

"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:04 pm

[quote="Ridgerunner"]Well, I finally got around to testing out the pods. They worked great. Made sure i sprayed them with Pam and let them steam to perfection. Let them just simmer with the lid on, Zelph...no water over the side. Slid right out with no residue.

one of the things that bothers me about poached eggs is they're too small to make a sandwich in one piece. i made another paintpot pot to use as a poacher. perfect size!! two eggs gives a 4" diameter 3/8" thick perfectly round slab of egg to fit on a kaiser bun with bacon and cheese. ((i should probably eat something other than eggs for a few days ;) ))

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:43 am

DarenN wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Well, I finally got around to testing out the pods. They worked great. Made sure i sprayed them with Pam and let them steam to perfection. Let them just simmer with the lid on, Zelph...no water over the side. Slid right out with no residue.

one of the things that bothers me about poached eggs is they're too small to make a sandwich in one piece. i made another paintpot pot to use as a poacher. perfect size!! two eggs gives a 4" diameter 3/8" thick perfectly round slab of egg to fit on a kaiser bun with bacon and cheese. ((i should probably eat something other than eggs for a few days ;) ))

Daren.......

I just had breakfast, and now both of you just made me hungry again, drats!!!!!

I'll have to try the poachers in an open pot, let them float around unobsructed, free wheelin, without pam, to see if the silicon will peel off on it's own.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

I'll have to try the poachers in an open pot, let them float around unobsructed, free wheelin, without pam, to see if the silicon will peel off on it's own.

From all the reviews I read, the eggs will stick somewhat without using oil of some sort. Instructions say to boil then turn down to simmer and place eggs in oiled pods and put lid on pot to steam. You just have to be difficult and take the hard road to see the worst results. :P :lol: Instructions also say you can bake with them on a sturdy pan or tray for support. Do you think they could handle the indirect heat if they were in a pan with no liquid and you put a burner to the bottom of it or should they be elevated off the metal surface that is in direct contact with the flame? Inquiry minds want to know. Zelph, try to bake some muffins in your pods and let us know how they turn out.
Also, it says not to use abrasive cleaners or pads if you cook egg onto the sides because you refused to use oil. :P :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:

From all the reviews I read, the eggs will stick somewhat without using oil of some sort. Instructions say to boil then turn down to simmer and place eggs in oiled pods and put lid on pot to steam. You just have to be difficult and take the hard road to see the worst results. :P :lol: Instructions also say you can bake with them on a sturdy pan or tray for support. Do you think they could handle the indirect heat if they were in a pan with no liquid and you put a burner to the bottom of it or should they be elevated off the metal surface that is in direct contact with the flame? Inquiry minds want to know. Zelph, try to bake some muffins in your pods and let us know how they turn out.
Also, it says not to use abrasive cleaners or pads if you cook egg onto the sides because you refused to use oil. :P :lol:

I'm a glutton for punishment. I will heed your warning and do one with and one without :lol: :P

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Here is the results:

2 eggs per poacher. One coated with olive oil(on the right)

The one on the left had to be coaxed out with a tablespoon, the other plopped out nice and easy.

Next project is to see if the poachers can be used for muffins.

GAGA

Postby GAGA » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:31 pm

what exactly are those green pods? i want to cook some scrambled powder eggs in one of them,i do a pancake kind of mix from hot water and powder eggs whit small cut jerky
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”