Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
ImageImage
oops56

Re: Eggs & Eggs & Eggs all kinds and more Eggs

Postby oops56 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:55 am

zelph wrote:The cheese grater seems like the best way if the dough was almost frozen first and then try to grate it. Have lots of flour dusted on it and around where it falls to keep those little pieces separate.

One of those sq.table top hand crank coffee grinders can make big or small
Man play with fire man get burnt

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:53 pm

the cheeze grater didn't work well at all. the pizza cutter did the job in no time flat. it's drying now, i'll give a report after i've tried it.

Daren........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:09 pm

I finally got around to try my hand at baking in the poachers.

I used a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix. I used up the entire batch to get one good muffin. It's a learning curve :mrgreen:

I used a 10cm Imusa Mug. A shorter mug would work better. My vintage 2.5 cup 5.5" dia. scout pot would work better.

See the small 4" dia. bundt pan in the photo, fits perfect in the Imusa Mug. I worked out a trade with a guy on backpackinglight.com for 2 of the cake tins.(2 piece) It was one of those..."Good Trade" deals :D

I also ordered two 4" one piece non-stick angel food cake pans so I could do some experimenting. The 10cm aluminum Imusa Mug is interesting for it's size. Titanium is not always better :P

Looking back through this thread I saw where I used "Bisquick" baking mix to make a muffin of sorts using an aluminum pan made specifically for poaching one egg at a time. That mix might be the best "base" mix for trail use. Just add your favorite "stuff" for flavor 8-)
Attachments
Corn Muffin 003.jpg
Corn Muffin 001.jpg
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Just Plain Ole Camp Cooking”