Pan Bread and Muffins

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
Ridgerunner

Re: Pan Bread

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I have'nt cut the hole in the bowl yet.

Coming up the sides might help, I duno. I went one step further and cut the cone off the fry pan pictured earlier. I'll cut a hole in the aluminum bowl and affix the cone to the underside with some JB weld and maybe four pop rivets. I'll make sure the cone points inside the bowl
Looking very good! ;) Keep me informed on your progress. :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:15 pm

this is a posting test--forgive the interruption---we will take you back to your regularly scheduled Stovie talk.

ImageImage Image
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm

How about that ! Every once in awhile the ol' blind dog will find a bone :lol:

To get the thumbnails horizonally, you have to paste them one pic at a time and backspace one click to the end of your previous thumbnail url and then paste your new thumbnail. ;)

Now , Master Zelph, grasshopper wonders if he is worthy of joining the inner ring of the Stoviehood? :lol: :lol:

Time to go work on the Mini Oven :ugeek:

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:How about that ! Every once in awhile the ol' blind dog will find a bone :lol:

To get the thumbnails horizonally, you have to paste them one pic at a time and backspace one click to the end of your previous thumbnail url and then paste your new thumbnail. ;)

Now , Master Zelph, grasshopper wonders if he is worthy of joining the inner ring of the Stoviehood? :lol: :lol:

Time to go work on the Mini Oven :ugeek:
ImageImage

Your instructions have earned yourself the ability to walk among the Stovie Brotherhood.

Enter The Inner Ring Brother Ridgerunner. Welcome!!!!! (the secret handshake will now be given) ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Here some of my ovens got more but this do for now.

Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 am

Did a burn with the trangia stove and "thrifty" Mini Optimus Oven knockoff. Had to use the simmer ring as the flame was to strong and got a little soot using 91% alcohol. Need to break down and get the good stuff :lol: Simmered the stove for about 30 minutes to get a nicely done Jiffy cornbread "doughnut". ONLY MIX i HAD IN THE HOUSE--HAD MY HEART SET ON THE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MIX BUT MY DAUGHTER USED IT. Oops, sorry about the caps. :roll: The principle is good but I need to work on my oven components. Ineed a better fitting lid. I would bet that the deflector base on the Optimus is made from stamped steel. Something to work on. Some pics for your viewing pleasure. :D

ImageImageImage

oops56

Post by oops56 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:03 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Did a burn with the trangia stove and "thrifty" Mini Optimus Oven knockoff. Had to use the simmer ring as the flame was to strong and got a little soot using 91% alcohol. Need to break down and get the good stuff :lol: Simmered the stove for about 30 minutes to get a nicely done Jiffy cornbread "doughnut". ONLY MIX i HAD IN THE HOUSE--HAD MY HEART SET ON THE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MIX BUT MY DAUGHTER USED IT. Oops, sorry about the caps. :roll: The principle is good but I need to work on my oven components. Ineed a better fitting lid. I would bet that the deflector base on the Optimus is made from stamped steel. Something to work on. Some pics for your viewing pleasure. :D

ImageImageImage
Looks good did you have to grease the pan
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:10 am

Oops, the cooking directions called for the pan to be greased, so I smeared it with butter. No sticky mess----doughnut droped right out of there with a gently tap. ;)

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:54 am

Now I know what I'm gonna keep an eye out for at the thrift store for! I never seen one of these before. At least if I have I brushed it off as a bundt pan or a jello mold. These oven are pretty neat. I'm gonna look for a small aluminum one I can use with my trangia to make blueberry muffin doughnuts, lol! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:12 am

The small bundt is relatively easy to find. The other two pieces :x ---carry a measuring tape with you so you don't end up woth a pile of wares. :lol: