Pan Bread and Muffins

Share your favorite food, the greasier the better. I love bacon!!!!! and also eggs.
zelph

Re: Pan Bread

Post by zelph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:05 pm

oops56 wrote:Here some of my ovens got more but this do for now.

Thanks for showing us those Oops. I think they used charcoal as fuel in China. Very nice touch/atmosphere in a restaurant to be able to have your own little barbecue style grille to singe your little shiskebobbies before you popem in your mouth.

Your lighting for the movies is just right. Is it a 300 watt bulb :?: :)

Ridgerunner, what a thrill, what a thrill!! to have success on your first try at a DIY oven.

When you get off work, go straight to the hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol, don't stop at the pub for the other kind. :mrgreen: After downing a few you won't remember how you "sootized" your would be blueberry muffins :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 pm

When you get off work, go straight to the hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol, don't stop at the pub for the other kind. After downing a few you won't remember how you "sootized" your would be blueberry muffins
Good idea, Master Zelph. Since it looks like a new battery is needed for my Ranger :x I will pick up some denatured Alky and maybe a brownie AND blueberry muffin mix. No pub today. Fridge in the Secret Labratory is full anyway. My #2 Miami Redhawks hockey team is home tonight and tomorrow so I will not get to play with the new oven until tomorrow but I'm off to get some Alky and oven mixes. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
When you get off work, go straight to the hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol, don't stop at the pub for the other kind. After downing a few you won't remember how you "sootized" your would be blueberry muffins
Good idea, Master Zelph. Since it looks like a new battery is needed for my Ranger :x I will pick up some denatured Alky and maybe a brownie AND blueberry muffin mix. No pub today. Fridge in the Secret Labratory is full anyway. My #2 Miami Redhawks hockey team is home tonight and tomorrow so I will not get to play with the new oven until tomorrow but I'm off to get some Alky and oven mixes. ;)

Sounds like a plan!!!! Go Redhawks!!!!!!!!

oops56

Post by oops56 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:30 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:Here some of my ovens got more but this do for now.

Thanks for showing us those Oops. I think they used charcoal as fuel in China. Very nice touch/atmosphere in a restaurant to be able to have your own little barbecue style grille to singe your little shiskebobbies before you popem in your mouth.

Your lighting for the movies is just right. Is it a 300 watt bulb :?: :)

Ridgerunner, what a thrill, what a thrill!! to have success on your first try at a DIY oven.

When you get off work, go straight to the hardware store and buy a gallon of denatured alcohol, don't stop at the pub for the other kind. :mrgreen: After downing a few you won't remember how you "sootized" your would be blueberry muffins :lol:
Its 75 watt blue front it says plant & glow i got it at a lawn sale many years ago
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Only 75 watts and it seem to be working well. Movies are turning out great!!!

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:08 am

Why do you guys do this to me i got all kinds of ovens. So i thought i try one more time. This burner alcohol wick type stove not showing it yet.That a 1/16 plate on burner the cover zelph sent me on 1 oz. burner time 11 min.the oven was 500F and climbing the cover need a vent to reg temp. got two pic. be back
ImageImage
more work to be done this just try run
or i could let the fire go out and just let it sit there till done

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 am

oops56 wrote:Why do you guys do this to me i got all kinds of ovens. So i thought i try one more time. This burner alcohol wick type stove not showing it yet.That a 1/16 plate on burner the cover zelph sent me on 1 oz. burner time 11 min.the oven was 500F and climbing the cover need a vent to reg temp. got two pic. be back
ImageImage
more work to be done this just try run
or i could let the fire go out and just let it sit there till done
We love it when you share your insight on how you've made your stoves and ovens oops. You are an inspiration to all the little grasshoppers out there :D (and even to the seasoned Stovies ;) )

If you look closely at this photo you can see the little vent holes that are in the lid of this Optimus oven:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Correct Master Zelph. My Uncle told me there are 6 holes(vents) around the lid. Makes sense to me, otherwise, I would think, the oven temp would get way too hot, even on a simmer.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Correct Master Zelph. My Uncle told me there are 6 holes(vents) around the lid. Makes sense to me, otherwise, I would think, the oven temp would get way too hot, even on a simmer.
If your current lid is not tight you probaly don't need the vent holes.

I found this mess kit at the thrift store today and two more 6.5 bunt pans. The bottom/fry pan part of the mess kit fits nicely on the bunt pans. Not all mess kits are the same size, heads up :)

It's going to drop in the negetive digits here tonight. Early AM I'll test for ignition of frigid alcohol :geek:

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Just got a new type oven to test in a bit if i can hold temp at 250F or 350F will bake dam my tripod out in the shop its hell to be old memory going bad.Up date i got no stuff to bake.That ends that for the night :cry: :cry:
Last edited by oops56 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.